Forum

TOPIC: Pax 2009

Pax 2009 10 years 6 months ago #377668

If there's no stress, is it really a true PAX at all?
If we go down, we go down together.....
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Pax 2009 10 years 6 months ago #377688

• Decipher
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 1
Blackwolf;377664 wrote:
I really could have used the added publicity that having a broadcast from PAX would have gotten me, so I don't consider it "just as well". Thanks for your support.
Sorry. Didn't mean to offend. I just get kind of down/pessimistic when I think about PAX this year. I would have really liked to go, but couldn't because of the combination of needing the money for school, not enough people I know going, and my school telling me that I have orientation when I was planning on leaving for Seattle.I really wish more people from All Games would have gone. This "Fuck Seattle. PAX Boston FTW" (paraphrasing) attitude people have is baffling really.

Pax 2009 10 years 6 months ago #378057

• Lord Moon
  • Stage A - 1
Well from what I was told at the Enforcer after party was that PAX Prime and PAX East are going to be the same and yet different. The goal is to get the same community vibe that PAX Prime has, but also make PAX East it's own entity. That's why the PAX East site is very red. Also PAX East will not have an Omegathon, it will be something similar. Concerts, while MC Frontalot, Johnathan Coulton, and Freezepop may crossover(Freezepop is from Boston afterall), the rest of the bands will be different. And PAX 10 will stay at PAX Prime, current planning has an idea of a Boston based indie developers showcase.Mind you none of this is written in stone yet.Also, photos.and your PAX "Moment of Zen"[youtube]g0ahK5PILf8[/youtube]

Pax 2009 10 years 6 months ago #378127

• Lord Moon
  • Stage A - 1
Oh yeah I almost forgot.....And now story time.So Penny Arcade booked quite a few rooms at the Grand Hyatt Hotel. At some point the Hyatt double booked some of those rooms to the Oakland Raiders, the Raiders were in town for a pre-season game against the Seahawks. When the Raiders showed up, the Hyatt realizing it's mistake, canceled Penny Arcade's rooms. Robert Khoo, Penny Arcade's business manager, was informed of the cancellation. He got on Hyatt's case ASAP. Pointed out the fact that PAX had a contract with them BEFORE the Raiders booked their rooms. The Raiders that had gotten rooms had to pack up and find accommodations elsewhere.PAX Geeks 1, Raiders 0 :DTo add insult to injury the Raiders also lost to the Seahawks too. :smt077