Forum

TOPIC: Random Quotes Thread

Random Quotes Thread 10 years 6 months ago #374937

From Not Always Right
“I’m sorry ma’am. We’re currently out of baby Jesus.”
Finally reviewing again. Check it out at My Blog.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Random Quotes Thread 10 years 6 months ago #374986

• JoEDigiTECH
  • Thank you received: 4
"[M.D.] Not strong[T.K.] Only aggressive[M.D.] Not free[T.K.] We only licensed[M.D.] Not compassioniate, only polite[T.K.] Now who the nicest?[M.D.] Not good but well behaved[T.K.] Chasin after deathso we can call ourselves brave?[M.D.] Still livin like mental slaves[both] Hidin like thieves in the night from lifeIllusions of oasis makin you look twice[both] Hidin like thieves in the night from lifeIllusions of oasis makin you look twice"Black Star - Mos Def, Talib Kweli

Random Quotes Thread 10 years 6 months ago #375013

• True
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 8
"If you think the graphics are crappy maybe you need to get a better TV, if you think the gameplay sucks, maybe you just aren't any good at it. Maybe if you think the story sucks, you're just not smart enough to understand it. Truthfully though you're probably just talking smack to inflate your meager self esteem and to get the attention your parents never gave you."
-Some IGN poster to perhaps a HALO hater troll
"Leave Luck to Heaven"- Nintendo

Random Quotes Thread 10 years 6 months ago #375016

• Token White Guy
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 1
Bobo, let me spit on your dick. - Bobby Lee on the O&A Show July 23, 2009.
I lol'd hard when he did it.

Random Quotes Thread 10 years 6 months ago #375417

• eswat
  • Stage A - 1
Found this on Hacker News.
Inside a Starbucks a business plots world dominationAspiring "Next Facebook Founder" Non-Programmer: "You need to write the code so that it can scale to at least 3 million users in 6 months"Contract Programmer Hired Off Craigslist: "Pardon me?"ANFFNP: "If you look at the business plan, just after it defines your equity share in our little venture, you'll see that in week 20 we will have just over 1 million users. But by week 30 we will have 3 million users. After that, growth is exponential."CPHOC: "Umm, I think we can worry about that later. I'm using Rails and Twitter was built on it. Sure they had some problems at first, but they managed to clear them up."ANFFNP: "Well, I went to a startup pub night last week and this guy that wrote a URL shortener told me that Rails doesn't scale. I don't think we should use Rails."CPHOC: "Okay... I guess I can use ASP.NET or PHP."ANFFNP: "I heard at a FireFox 3.0 launch party last year not to use a Windows server because of security problems and that PHP powered Web 2.0. But our site's going to be Web 3.0, so PHP doesn't give us a competitive advantage."CPHOC: "Well I've always wanted to learn Erlang..."ANFFNP: "What's that?"CPHOC: "It's this language that a phone company made to run its infrastructure. It apparently scales really well and was benchmarked at handling over 20 million processes once."ANFFNP: "Excellent. I knew you were the right man for the job. I'll re-adjust our scalability numbers upward then. 20 million is about 6 times my original projections, so if I double them we should be good."CPHOC: sigh...

Random Quotes Thread 10 years 6 months ago #375801

• eswat
  • Stage A - 1
Paul Graham wrote:
"Running a start-up is like being punched in the face repeatedly, but working for a large company is like being waterboarded."
:( :(

Random Quotes Thread 10 years 6 months ago #375829

• Burr
  • Thank you received: 6
In China, DNA tests on kids ID genetic gifts, careers
"I want to be the president of China," said three-year-old girl, Liu Xiao Liao. "Then people will be scared of me."
Emphasis mine.
Co-host of Cat & Fox on AllGames.com!

Random Quotes Thread 10 years 6 months ago #375841

• Firecube
  • Level 10
Today, before I took off on my daily motorcycle ride a fellow Marine asked me:Buddy: Dude, do you not have a girlfriend or something? You never stop riding that damn thing unless it's raining.Me: No. Not really. If I did, I'd be riding her instead of this thing. She doesn't scream as loud as the bike if I ride her hard.
Noble and true, you are the hero other heroes aspire to be. You are a natural leader, selfless and kind, who will put the lives of others above your own, and are steadfast in your pursuit of justice.
Firecube\'s space....

Random Quotes Thread 10 years 6 months ago #376231

• Token White Guy
  • Stage A - 1
legal1989 at 2009-08-02 03:14 CET:do i need electricity to play this?
I lol'd.

Random Quotes Thread 10 years 5 months ago #378086

• Token White Guy
  • Stage A - 1
I think a fellow student in my English class is a racist.
Then the whites put Negros in their proper place.