Forum

TOPIC: New Poll Finds More Americans Support Gay Marriage Than Oppose It

New Poll Finds More Americans Support Gay Marriage Than Oppose It 10 years 6 months ago #367001

• Burr
  • Thank you received: 6
http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2009/04/30/1917511.aspx
For the first time in a nationwide survey, more Americans say they support gay marriage (49%) than oppose it (46%), according to the latest Washington Post/ABC poll. That 49% supporting gay marriage, in fact, is a significant jump from 2004, when the Post/ABC poll found just 32% in favor. This surge within the past month suggests that any backlash against the recent moves across the country to legalize gay marriage has yet to emerge. Also in the new survey, a majority of Americans (53%) believe that their state should recognize gay marriages from other states. Other recent polls have shown a similar increase in support for gay unions nationwide. The New York Times/CBS News poll released this week showed 42% of Americans supporting gay marriage -- the highest number ever recorded in that poll. This week's Quinnipiac poll, which found a majority (55%) against gay marriage, also showed 57% of Americans support civil unions.
Up to bat now are Maine and New Hampshire after passing gay marriage through their legislatures.New York is on deck..
Co-host of Cat & Fox on AllGames.com!

The administrator has disabled public write access.

New Poll Finds More Americans Support Gay Marriage Than Oppose It 10 years 6 months ago #367002

See? Even a broken clock (the American public) is right twice a day.

New Poll Finds More Americans Support Gay Marriage Than Oppose It 10 years 6 months ago #367004

• Burr
  • Thank you received: 6
Oh the other great news about that poll is support for legalization of marijuana.http://abcnews.go.com/print?id=7459488
Co-host of Cat & Fox on AllGames.com!

New Poll Finds More Americans Support Gay Marriage Than Oppose It 10 years 6 months ago #367016

this country's goin to hell in a handbasket, i tell you what.

New Poll Finds More Americans Support Gay Marriage Than Oppose It 10 years 6 months ago #367019

• arefx
  • Stage A - 1
46% of america now supports marijuana leagalization too.
EvilWall wrote:
One of my best friends always tells me, "If you want a girl to stay with you, you have to eat her ass".
The Matrix;288931 wrote:
fuckin\' brit teeth eating sno-shit, jesus man
This post posted via rooted and overclocked droid x running at 1,345Mhz undervolted with LIBERTY 1.5 and adw.launcher ex through xscope pro

New Poll Finds More Americans Support Gay Marriage Than Oppose It 10 years 6 months ago #367021

• jwg
That's some progress. Support for gay marriage will likely keep going up in the future.I wonder what all the bigots who cry about "activist judges" think about this.

New Poll Finds More Americans Support Gay Marriage Than Oppose It 10 years 6 months ago #367029

• Flavius
  • Stage A - 1
:rockon:Perhaps this will eventually shine more of a national spotlight on Florida's fucktardiculous law preventing gay people from adopting.

New Poll Finds More Americans Support Gay Marriage Than Oppose It 10 years 6 months ago #367032

• Octocamo
  • Stage A - 1
People at my work are strongly against it. In fact, I found this at work. Shit's funny. I'm not against it, anyone should be able to marry who they want to love. The people against it are fucking retarded for saying "What's next, marrying animals??"fucking retarded.
PSN: solisnkXBL: OctocamoSteam: OctocamoOrigin + Battlelog: Octocamo

New Poll Finds More Americans Support Gay Marriage Than Oppose It 10 years 6 months ago #367036

• LowVoltag3
This is a joke. The idea that anyone gives a fuck about this is a joke. It's a cpomplete distraction from real issues. That's why the media hypes it up, to distract from real issues.

New Poll Finds More Americans Support Gay Marriage Than Oppose It 10 years 6 months ago #367037

• Rook
  • Level 6
Still boggles my mind that Iowa of all places legalized gay marriage before California. Seems completely backwards.BuckFarack187;367036 wrote:
This is a joke. The idea that anyone gives a fuck about this is a joke. It's a cpomplete distraction from real issues. That's why the media hypes it up, to distract from real issues.
Don't be such a dick, Buck. Maybe this is'nt a real issue to you but for a lot of people, such as Burr, it is.