Forum

TOPIC: What're you doing besides Allgames? thread

What're you doing besides Allgames? thread 6 years 11 months ago #397282

• alexsan
  • Stage A - 1
Started my week of paid vacation, and I just downloaded a bunch of games off the steam sale today. I got SHOGUN 2, Red Faction Guerrilla, Mount and Blade: With Fire and Sword, Metro 2033, Dear Esther, and Dead Rising 2: Off the Record. Apparently I also had a Dota 2 beta invite they never told me about.
XBL: Neezie1990PSN: sillycoreSteam: Neezie3DS: 3737-9522-5541
The administrator has disabled public write access.

What're you doing besides Allgames? thread 6 years 11 months ago #397284

• TigerClaw
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 3
True;397275 wrote:
Well...... I do a lot of video editing and it's an OLD computer now and It had started running really choppy (youtube videos, other websites videos (IGN) and even chopping up the audio here on Allgames). I scanned it a few times (two different programs) and no malware or viruses, then noticed that I hadn't vacuumed it in a long while.. So I go to open the thing up and my fan and CPU heatsink is completely clogged with dust bunnies! My video card also, I'm surprised the thing didn't blowup on me with the rendering I do, lol. I had noticed that along with the choppiness that my Fans were running really fast and loud, but I kept putting off dusting it. Now I never opened the computer and gave it a really good valcuuming, I'd just stick the hose in a try to clear off the fan. But since it had started to run really bad I opened it up and took off the heat sink for the first time and it was a total mess inside. The way I was "cleaning" it before was just sucking off the lil dust I could see and leaving a lot more still stuck onto the Fan and Heatsink. So I did a full clean of that, cleaning off my CPU also but noticed that I would need to put on new thermal compound which I didn't have (ordered off Newegg on Friday). After cleaning everything up, the Comp. ran much quieter but still a little choppy (no thermal yet, hopefully tomorrow) so I just decided to format the whole harddrive and clean up all the junk I had on it.In short, my computer started to run crappy and I wanted to clean it off fully. It's running good now no more choppy video and audio but still hotter than I want it. The thermal compound on the CPU should help fix that. Now I know that I should clean it more often and this gave me some experience for when I start building my new comp.
You'll need to get Dust Filters for your case. Depending on where the intake case are located you can install Dust Filters in front of them to block out any dust from coming in.

What're you doing besides Allgames? thread 6 years 11 months ago #397286

• True
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 8
TigerClaw;397284 wrote:
You'll need to get Dust Filters for your case. Depending on where the intake case are located you can install Dust Filters in front of them to block out any dust from coming in.
Thanks Burr, learned something new, didn't know about dust filters for a PC (no one ever mentions that).
"Leave Luck to Heaven"- Nintendo

What're you doing besides Allgames? thread 6 years 11 months ago #397289

• TigerClaw
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 3
True;397286 wrote:
Thanks Burr, learned something new, didn't know about dust filters for a PC (no one ever mentions that).
Its highly recommended to install Dust Filters in all the Intake Fans on the case, Not on the Exhaust ones though. Basically if you have Fans intaking air on the Front and on the Side, You should put a dust filter on them so that it prevents dust from going in. Some of the new cases have removable Dust Filters on them.

What're you doing besides Allgames? thread 6 years 11 months ago #397293

• True
  • Stage A - 1
Yeah, mine intakes air from the front. Just put on some new thermal compound.

What're you doing besides Allgames? thread 6 years 11 months ago #397299

• True
  • Stage A - 1
Bout to head out to the Nintendo Wii-U event, got my (Nerd) Legend of Zelda OoT T-shirt on and Nintendo Mail bag strapped on. Hopefully to come back with some footage.

What're you doing besides Allgames? thread 6 years 11 months ago #397373

• True
  • Stage A - 1
No work today so I'm up playing the Walking Dead Facebook game & watching Wii U vids on my Wii. Also played some 'War on Cybertron" multiplayer on my PS3.

What're you doing besides Allgames? thread 6 years 9 months ago #397476

• True
  • Stage A - 1
Just got in from seeing 'Hotel Transylvania' with my niece. I would say that it is the best animated movie of this year! (and I liked Brave). We both really liked it. Now I can't wait to see 'Wreck It Ralph' to see if it can change my mind on the best.

What're you doing besides Allgames? thread 6 years 8 months ago #397537

• True
  • Stage A - 1
Got a few Halloween party invites for tonight, so If I go to one or just dress up to pass out candy and take my niece around, I'll be dressing up a Lee for the Walking Dead Game or as Chicago Bulls NBA Player (Season starts tonight!!).Happy And Safe Halloween!

What're you doing besides Allgames? thread 6 years 8 months ago #397544

• True
  • Stage A - 1
Wishing Burr a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Welcome to the 30's old man!