Forum

TOPIC: BOSTON: Greatest Sports City in America

BOSTON: Greatest Sports City in America 12 years 1 month ago #296456

• JoEDigiTECH
  • Thank you received: 4
See O Wins;296440 wrote:
I like the patriots. Brady is the best QB in the league. And I was glad the red sox won a couple years ago. The celtics can kiss my ass though. They still WONT make the playoffs. And if they do we'll sweep em. And for the record, The D is a better city than Boston period.
Why the animosity against the Celtics? They have sucked for so long. I will guarantee they will make it to the play-offs. I am pretty certain that they will not match up well against the Pistons if they play their best. But if the Piston's continue to under achieve it could be interesting. B comes before D. :)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

BOSTON: Greatest Sports City in America 12 years 1 month ago #296458

• C0lin
  • Stage A - 1
JoEDigiTECH;296426 wrote:
C0lin, I was pretty sure that would be your reply.
Gotta keep up with the status quo, eh? For the record, you're probably right.

BOSTON: Greatest Sports City in America 12 years 1 month ago #296459

I'm not going to say that Boston isn't a great sports city as far as their teams go, but Boston's fans (Red Sox fans in particular) have soured me to that entire region. I was happy as hell when the BoSox finally won the World Series, simply because now I would never have to hear about that bogus 'Curse of the Bambino' again. Now that you've won one, I'll just say... y'all choked. For 80+ years. Of course, Boston fans are more of a general annoyance to whom I give a hard time simply because I can, and there really is no true animosity towards them on my part.I judge best sports city based on how the fans act. That's why I say New York, and especially Philadelphia are horrible sports cities. Boston for the reason above, New York because Yankees fans (and New York fans in general) are the most spoiled little brats in the sports world, and Philadelphia because... well, it's Philadelphia. A sports town that throws snowballs at Santa Claus and batteries at JD Drew, as well as cheer incessantly while Michael Irvin is lying motionless on the field should never be included in any conversation about "best sports cities". While Boston and New York fans tend to get on my nerves a bit, I have a deeply rooted distaste for Philly fans, and I always, ALWAYS root against them....so what city is best? I may throw up in my mouth a bit for saying this, but Chicago... yeah, I feel ill now. But you can't deny that Chicago fans, especially Bears and Cubs fans, are the most loyal and passionate fans out there. AND they keep it friendly. Sure, you have the occasional White Sox fan who assaults a 1st Base coach, but as someone who has spent his whole life hating that city, I can tell you that they're a good bunch of fans.

BOSTON: Greatest Sports City in America 12 years 1 month ago #296460

I love my Pistons but we'll never win under Flip Saunders. He's the reason we're underachieving. His presence alone was why Ben left for the Bulls. He's not a winning coach. But why so much animosity to the celtics you ask? Because they waited too late to get Paul Pierce the help he needs. Even with Garnett and Ray Allen I still dont think they'll go deep in the playoffs. I think they wont even get there this year.
Formally D Combo313

BOSTON: Greatest Sports City in America 12 years 3 weeks ago #297407

• JoEDigiTECH
... and the SOX are in the World Series! :)

BOSTON: Greatest Sports City in America 12 years 3 weeks ago #297409

• DeadMan
  • Stage A - 1
Go Rockies :)
[Gamercard]Deadmanerz[/Gamercard] Origin and Battlelog: ColCake

BOSTON: Greatest Sports City in America 12 years 3 weeks ago #297411

• JoEDigiTECH
DeadMan;297409 wrote:
Go Rockies :)
Bring it!

BOSTON: Greatest Sports City in America 12 years 3 weeks ago #297414

• Nut_Man
  • Stage A - 1
Ill give boston fans this, at least they arent annoying as fuck like Cubs fans are here in Illinois. They don't boo their own team either like they do in Chicago.

BOSTON: Greatest Sports City in America 12 years 3 weeks ago #297415

• JoEDigiTECH
Nut_Man;297414 wrote:
Ill give boston fans this, at least they arent annoying as fuck like Cubs fans are here in Illinois. They don't boo their own team either like they do in Chicago.
I could never understand that. How can you boo your own team? Doesn't make any damn sense.

BOSTON: Greatest Sports City in America 12 years 3 weeks ago #297417

• Nut_Man
  • Stage A - 1
JoEDigiTECH;297415 wrote:
I could never understand that. How can you boo your own team? Doesn't make any damn sense.
I know. And they wonder why its been 99 years since the cubs won a world series game. Its kinda hard to play good when the fans hate you unless you win. Its almost like they dont like the team. They just want to say that they won finally.