Forum

• Page:

TOPIC: Favorite game genre

Favorite game genre 15 years 3 months ago #14393

Since there's no general gaming forum I posted this in the bar. Which game genre is you favorite and why? *list another genre if I didn't put it in the poll, I could only fit 10 options.
"It's like they deep fried delicious goodness and squared it... into a triangle." (BloodShotRobot, PAX08 )
"[Optimus] Prime is like Jack Bauer without all the issues" (Redmond, AGI Episode 211)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Favorite game genre 15 years 3 months ago #14396

Mine has to be FPS, because it makes you feel like you are in the game. Half-Life is a perfect example, because there are never any cutscenes when you see yourself, so you have the idea that you are running through Black Mesa Facility rather than you controlling a character that is running though Black Mesa Facility.

Favorite game genre 15 years 3 months ago #14400

• Carps
  • Stage A - 3
Making "Sports" one genra, I think is a mistake....Tony Hawk and Madden are far from similar. I'd add a "Extreme Sports" and a "Simulation Sports", that way games like SSX won't be compared to NBA Live. And a lot of people like games like SSX but hate games that are grounded in REALITY.

Favorite game genre 15 years 3 months ago #14404

well I only had 10 poll choices so I had to combine them
"It's like they deep fried delicious goodness and squared it... into a triangle." (BloodShotRobot, PAX08 )
"[Optimus] Prime is like Jack Bauer without all the issues" (Redmond, AGI Episode 211)

Favorite game genre 15 years 3 months ago #14447

FPS - anger management (j/k [kinda]). I've always felt more involved in FPS. Strategy & sports games would be my next choice.
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin"The cost of failure is not that a saber-toothed tiger eats you... the cost of failure is nothing. The worst thing that will happen is that you will fail and no one will notice." - Seth Godin

Favorite game genre 15 years 3 months ago #14451

First Person Shooters are the perfect type of games to pick up and start off, if you really want to release some anger. I have in the past few years whether it was Unreal Tournament, Counter-Strike of Half-Life (killing scientists).

Favorite game genre 15 years 3 months ago #14454

Captain M4d wrote:
First Person Shooters are the perfect type of games to pick up and start off, if you really want to release some anger. I have in the past few years whether it was Unreal Tournament, Counter-Strike of Half-Life (killing scientists).
nothing beats saving when you get to a scientist and them killing him, load, kill him, load, kill him etc.

Favorite game genre 15 years 3 months ago #14480

• Zorn
  • Stage B - 3
I like RTS games. It just feels so comeplling that you're controlling an entire army.I also like FPS and action/adventure games.I hate sports games. Hell, I'm not much of a sports person in real life either.I've never been an RPG fan, which is probably why I never liked most of the FF series. Doesnt mean I hate RPGs. There are alot of RPG games I like, such as TOS, Golden Sun, Paper Mario, etc.There are some simulation games I like. Rollercoaster Tycoon is probably one of my favorite simulation games ever.I'm not much of a fighting game fan. Theres probably a handful of fighting games I like, such as Guilty Gear, BLoody Roar, and Soul Caliber.I used to like platform games when I was a kid. Now most of them suck.I've never liked MMOs. Sure, there are some MMOs I'm interested in, (along with upcoming ones) but I just have never really liked them. 2 of my friends happen to be MMO fanatics.I hate interactive games, unless theyre an arcade shooter like House of the Dead or something like that.

Favorite game genre 15 years 3 months ago #14529

• inertname
  • Level 9
RPG by far for me, nothing else comes close.

Favorite game genre 15 years 3 months ago #14541

• Blackwolf
  • Stage A - 1
I put down "Interactive" because it's the closest to my favorite genre - rhythm action. Any music game that doesn't use your legs rule. Beatmania IIDX, Pop'n Music, Drummania, Taiko no-Tatsujin, Para Para Paradise...mmm...
"Blackwolf tends to offend the same people all the time, he\'s got such a pattern it\'s almost funny. The whole spammer/think I\'m smart/argueing for arguement\'s sake clan tends to always end up at odds with Blackwolf." -BamBam
  • Page: