Forum

TOPIC: Review: Jetaudio - Jetcast

Review: Jetaudio - Jetcast 15 years 7 months ago #13339

• InnerLogic
  • Stage A - 1
I know, it's short, but it's to the point, hope you enjoy __________________________ Winamp has always been my main pick as a Media source, it has a good media manager, plays all kinds videos and audio files i can't think of (with some exceptions) But there are many other players out there that are trying to steal the light from winamp. Enter Jetaudio Jetaudio is a all-in-one media outlet. It will play your music, and video files, it has a media Manager. This program will also let you run DVD's as well. You can also pay extra money to burn and rip cd's, as well as some other odd's and ends. Overall this program does a fine job. It auto recognised my logitech media keyboard (Winamp needed a plug-in), my FLAC (lossless audio) recordings, and my video files. It played all these files well, it even has a nice transparent screen that pops up at every song change, so it's not needed to keep clicking on the player to see whats next. Also, A program comes with Jetaudio called "Jetcast", which let's one broadcast there music collection (with DJ functions if wanted, and Chat) over the jetaudio and SHOUTcast network, the program works well enough (Much more easy to work with then SHOUTcast, however MP3 encoding over the network was limited to 56kb, OGG and WMA allowed higher playback at 128. Also, there is a nasty Crossover which does not sound good, and can't be turned off when broadcasting. There are problems with Jetaudio, The Media manager is hard to work with then Winamp's, the Skins out for Jetaudio are not very interesting, and the preferences screen is not very user friendly, it's hard to find the opitions you want. If you are in need of a new media player, and hate to like anything popular, go with Jetaudio. If you REALLY want to show off your DJ side, Go with Jetaudio and Jetcast. However winamp is still a better program.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Review: Jetaudio - Jetcast 15 years 7 months ago #13542

• Duality
  • Stage B - 1
Interesting. I'll check this out a bit later.

Review: Jetaudio - Jetcast 15 years 7 months ago #13973

• MageMasher
  • Stage A - 1
Duality wrote:
Interesting. I'll check this out a bit later.
indeed
My Last.fm page
It all began with...birth by sleep.