Forum

• Page:

TOPIC: Let the Games Begin...or

Let the Games Begin...or 15 years 7 months ago #12091

Why I like Canadian TV more than NBC.I'm watching the opening ceremonies on CBUT right now instead of having to wait another 9 hours for NBC to show it. Sure, it'll be in HD then, but why do they insist on waiting instead of bumping some of their useless daytime programming? Money? Of course, but it seems we always have this problem when the Olympics roll around. Once again, the rest of the world proves that everything doesn't revolve around primetime.
"And when you lose control, you\'ll reap the harvest you have sown."
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Let the Games Begin...or 15 years 7 months ago #12096

• zell58
  • Level 6
im a lil excited to watch this years Olympics, after hearing some of the ads on radio, props to the promo department
[gamercard]Z3ll58[/gamercard]

Let the Games Begin...or 15 years 7 months ago #12099

kkkkk.
Sweet.

Let the Games Begin...or 15 years 7 months ago #12225

• Duality
  • Stage B - 1
MalcolmBrass wrote:
Sure, it'll be in HD then, but why do they insist on waiting instead of bumping some of their useless daytime programming? Money?
Money is part of it. Also, people will actually get to watch it this evening.Its interesting, you're proof positive that people like to watch the Opening Ceremonies. So why would they show it during the day when no one is around to watch?

Let the Games Begin...or 15 years 7 months ago #12227

Duality wrote:
Money is part of it. Also, people will actually get to watch it this evening.Its interesting, you're proof positive that people like to watch the Opening Ceremonies. So why would they show it during the day when no one is around to watch?
You gotta good point! But there is no way I would stay up until midnight watching the opening ceremonies, and at least this way I get it out of the way.
"And when you lose control, you\'ll reap the harvest you have sown."

Let the Games Begin...or 15 years 7 months ago #12247

• Duality
  • Stage B - 1
Well starting this weekend, NBC will be having 24/7 coverage over six different networks. Its going to be hard to not find some Olympic events to watch.

Let the Games Begin...or 15 years 7 months ago #12358

• Dragoona
  • Stage B - 3
eh, I was at work for the beginning, so I really have no reason to watch the opening right now.. :(
OAS AAS LLSproud brother of Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia.[url=http://http://twitter.com/#!/TheFooch]Tweet Tweet Tweet[/url]Foochy Fooch BlogMy Video Blog

Let the Games Begin...or 15 years 7 months ago #12360

• DeadMan
  • Stage A - 1
The beginning takes a while too, announcing in a hundred some odd countries takes forever!
[Gamercard]Deadmanerz[/Gamercard] Origin and Battlelog: ColCake

Let the Games Begin...or 15 years 7 months ago #12401

• Ziggler
  • Stage A - 2
DeadMan wrote:
The beginning takes a while too, announcing in a hundred some odd countries takes forever!
It was more like 200 some off countries... The beginning was cool with the Greek history stuff and the people as statues but then when the national parade thing started...And here is the United States...Morocco...Zimbabwe...Ango.. :smt015

Let the Games Begin...or 15 years 7 months ago #12402

• MusicFan
  • Stage A - 1
Rowing is CNBC, who the fuck honestly cares, it is fucking rowing, that is probably the reason it is on CNBC at 11PM. I only watched the openining, it was simpy breathtaking, WOW, didn't really pay attention to the rest of it.
Psychonauts - The Greatest Game EVER! - Coming April 19th, The National Holiday Known As "The Release Of The Excellent Game Psychonauts Day"
  • Page: