Forum

TOPIC: Guests or register?

Guests or register? 15 years 7 months ago #11362

• arefx
  • Stage A - 1
I see people registering already, so it appears to be working.
EvilWall wrote:
One of my best friends always tells me, "If you want a girl to stay with you, you have to eat her ass".
The Matrix;288931 wrote:
fuckin\' brit teeth eating sno-shit, jesus man
This post posted via rooted and overclocked droid x running at 1,345Mhz undervolted with LIBERTY 1.5 and adw.launcher ex through xscope pro
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Guests or register? 15 years 7 months ago #11363

• Apulo
  • Level 5
Its not like you have to give out your social security number or anything to register. :)

Guests or register? 15 years 7 months ago #11377

• Arandar
  • Stage A - 1
True, but I'm sure theres some other people out there who like to browse the forums before they register. I mean would you buy a car without test driving it first? Well so long as you weren't filthy stinkin rich and didn't give a damn? Besides I still see 24 guests on the forums, more on then members. So it looks like it didn't completly work there. :razz:

Guests or register? 15 years 7 months ago #11419

• Tulare
  • Stage A - 1
Digital*Firefly wrote:
I noticed that too, it could just be members who aren't logged in. I think it would definitely add more members.
If I come to the site on my own, I'm auto logged. If I take a link from somebody, I'm not, and I usually don't notice till I try to post. They may be what's happening. I don't think there is anything wrong with guest peeking in, if they want to post, they have to register.

Guests or register? 15 years 7 months ago #11496

• Raghnall
  • Level 9
somethings not right...25 or seems to be to high a number of people just lurking. i guess we will find out, if this works or not.
i keep the wolf from the doorbut he calls me upcalls me on the phonetells me all the ways that he\'s gonna mess me upsteal all my childrenif i don\'t pay the ransombut i\'ll never see him againif i squeal to the cops

Guests or register? 15 years 7 months ago #11498

• Apulo
  • Level 5
I actually made it so that they can see the forums list and even see what posts are in a forum but when they click on a post it tells them to register :)Also, remember the "whos online" is only updated every 5 minutes so it could be lurkers in cycles. If they leave, it takes 5 minutes for vBulletin to realize it and remove them from the list.

Guests or register? 15 years 7 months ago #11542

• Blackwolf
  • Stage A - 1
I actually hate forums that make me log in to see posts. I refuse to sign up for 80 million forums just to see posts about Madden (like operationsports, sportplanet, maddennation, maddenmania, etc etc...)
"Blackwolf tends to offend the same people all the time, he\'s got such a pattern it\'s almost funny. The whole spammer/think I\'m smart/argueing for arguement\'s sake clan tends to always end up at odds with Blackwolf." -BamBam

Guests or register? 15 years 7 months ago #11545

• agn
  • Administrator
what he said. I think this is the right way. They can see the forums, they can see the threads, hell they can even mouse over preview a thread, but they can't click *into* a thread till they register. I think that's fair. They can take a few seconds to create an account, even if it is as BigballedBobby or whatever.
[gamercard]agn[/gamercard]Join the allgames community

Guests or register? 15 years 7 months ago #11548

• Blackwolf
  • Stage A - 1
agn wrote:
even if it is as BigballedBobby or whatever.
ROFL*signs up!*
"Blackwolf tends to offend the same people all the time, he\'s got such a pattern it\'s almost funny. The whole spammer/think I\'m smart/argueing for arguement\'s sake clan tends to always end up at odds with Blackwolf." -BamBam

Guests or register? 15 years 7 months ago #11644

• Ziggler
  • Stage A - 2
agn wrote:
what he said. I think this is the right way. They can see the forums, they can see the threads, hell they can even mouse over preview a thread, but they can't click *into* a thread till they register. I think that's fair. They can take a few seconds to create an account, even if it is as BigballedBobby or whatever.
LOL... is that your alter ego Scot? :-?