Forum

TOPIC: Guests or register?

Guests or register? 15 years 7 months ago #11256

• agn
  • Administrator
So i noticed there are currently 25 guests and 11 members on the site...Should we make it so you have to register to browse? I hate when sites do that, but it would be nice to convert some lurkers into registered members, maybe they can view the front page with the forums and threads but to click into a forum you have to register... thoughts?
[gamercard]agn[/gamercard]Join the allgames community
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Guests or register? 15 years 7 months ago #11257

I noticed that too, it could just be members who aren't logged in. I think it would definitely add more members.
"It's like they deep fried delicious goodness and squared it... into a triangle." (BloodShotRobot, PAX08 )
"[Optimus] Prime is like Jack Bauer without all the issues" (Redmond, AGI Episode 211)

Guests or register? 15 years 7 months ago #11258

• arefx
  • Stage A - 1
I would like that, I ways see like 3x more guests on then members.
EvilWall wrote:
One of my best friends always tells me, "If you want a girl to stay with you, you have to eat her ass".
The Matrix;288931 wrote:
fuckin\' brit teeth eating sno-shit, jesus man
This post posted via rooted and overclocked droid x running at 1,345Mhz undervolted with LIBERTY 1.5 and adw.launcher ex through xscope pro

Guests or register? 15 years 7 months ago #11262

• Ziggler
  • Stage A - 2
Ya you should let them see the front page with topics, so they're interested, but make them have to register. Good thinkin' :!:

Guests or register? 15 years 7 months ago #11277

• agn
  • Administrator
Ok, i have my settings so i auto log in, I assumed most did that to avoid having to log in each time. I guess if you share a computer it wouldn't be good. I'll see if Apulo can switch it. You can lurk, just join the community and lurk. :)
[gamercard]agn[/gamercard]Join the allgames community

Guests or register? 15 years 7 months ago #11291

yes scot, but what about people who forgot there passwordor people who log in then when they go to a board fall down go boom (log off)

Guests or register? 15 years 7 months ago #11349

• MusicFan
  • Stage A - 1
I was thinking of that the other day.
Psychonauts - The Greatest Game EVER! - Coming April 19th, The National Holiday Known As "The Release Of The Excellent Game Psychonauts Day"

Guests or register? 15 years 7 months ago #11352

• Apulo
  • Level 5
It is done. You must be a registered member to browse the forums.

Guests or register? 15 years 7 months ago #11357

Logged in fine automatically with Firefox.
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin"The cost of failure is not that a saber-toothed tiger eats you... the cost of failure is nothing. The worst thing that will happen is that you will fail and no one will notice." - Seth Godin

Guests or register? 15 years 7 months ago #11359

• Arandar
  • Stage A - 1
I think that might turn people off though. I mean when I joined G4 I browsed the forums for a few weeks if not a few months, I forget how long exactly. Part of that was because I was already posting at another message forums, but also because I wanted to see what things were being discussed to see if it was wirth my time. Now on this you can't even see what forums are on here without registering so personally I think that will push people away because they might not want to right away. Just my two cents.