Forum

TOPIC: Is it just Walmart? (DVD Widescreen)

Is it just Walmart? (DVD Widescreen) 15 years 3 months ago #11113

• Tulare
  • Stage A - 1
I got HellBoy at Walmart, yeah I go there a lot make a joke if needed, but be original about it if you can. Anyway, they had no Widescreen versions. Not sure if it was just them. Got Kill Bill there today, and again no Widescreen. Is it Walmart, or are they just not releasing some DVDs in Widescreen like they used to, or just as many as they used to?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Is it just Walmart? (DVD Widescreen) 15 years 3 months ago #11116

• Duality
  • Stage B - 1
Its just WalMart. They don't cater to the moviephiles.They sell DVDs to your mom and the guy down the street. People who either don't care or don't like (?!) letterbox format.

Is it just Walmart? (DVD Widescreen) 15 years 3 months ago #11117

Duality wrote:
Its just WalMart. They don't cater to the moviephiles. They sell DVDs to your mom and the guy down the street. People who either don't care or don't like (?!) letterbox format.
couldn't have put it better myself
"It's like they deep fried delicious goodness and squared it... into a triangle." (BloodShotRobot, PAX08 )
"[Optimus] Prime is like Jack Bauer without all the issues" (Redmond, AGI Episode 211)

Is it just Walmart? (DVD Widescreen) 15 years 3 months ago #11208

I know what you mean about why they even make fullscreen editions anymore.My dad accidentally bought the fullscreen edition of The Last Samurai a couple months ago.I made him exchange it for a widescreen edition.Someone asked this in the OT forum (widescren or fullscreen) and someone replyed:I like fullscreen because you can see the whole movie. :confused:
Defender of all consoles except CD-i.Wii Owner Since 04/25/07.Friend Code: 8872 5758 0015 9759Currently playing: SSX Blur (Wii), Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Wii), Mario Party 8 (Wii), Guitar Hero II (PS2)

Is it just Walmart? (DVD Widescreen) 15 years 3 months ago #11211

Auf_Der_Maur6 wrote:
Someone asked this in the OT forum (widescren or fullscreen) and someone replyed: I like fullscreen because you can see the whole movie. :confused:
people who say that shouldn't be allowed to watch dvd's
"It's like they deep fried delicious goodness and squared it... into a triangle." (BloodShotRobot, PAX08 )
"[Optimus] Prime is like Jack Bauer without all the issues" (Redmond, AGI Episode 211)

Is it just Walmart? (DVD Widescreen) 15 years 3 months ago #11217

• arefx
  • Stage A - 1
Digital*Firefly wrote:
people who say that should be allowed to watch dvd's
you mean shouldn't
EvilWall wrote:
One of my best friends always tells me, "If you want a girl to stay with you, you have to eat her ass".
The Matrix;288931 wrote:
fuckin\' brit teeth eating sno-shit, jesus man
This post posted via rooted and overclocked droid x running at 1,345Mhz undervolted with LIBERTY 1.5 and adw.launcher ex through xscope pro

Is it just Walmart? (DVD Widescreen) 15 years 3 months ago #11224

damn typos

Is it just Walmart? (DVD Widescreen) 15 years 3 months ago #11227

• Tulare
  • Stage A - 1
Yeah, never knew what I was missing till I started buying Widescreen.

Is it just Walmart? (DVD Widescreen) 15 years 3 months ago #11228

First moive I ever watched in widescreen on VHS was The Insider. It was widescreen only. At the time I worked at Hollywood video and we put stickers on all the boxes say it was widescreen. I swear half of the people came back for fullscreen or said something was wrong wit hthe tape.