Forum

TOPIC: The Sims: toys

The Sims: toys 15 years 7 months ago #10926

source: gamegossip.com Electronic Arts and San Diego-based toy company, Atomic Toys LLC jointly announced today a partnership that will see the creation and distribution of the first Sims toy line. The first line will be called Miniopolis Urbz, based on the GBA version of upcoming title The Urbz, and will ship alongside the game during early November. Meanwhile, console versions of the toy line will follow later in the holiday season "We're excited to be working with Atomic Toys on this new project," said Sinjin Bain, VP and Executive Producer. "Creating a line of collectible characters based on our games has been something we've wanted to do for our fans for some time." "EA is the leader in their industry which makes them the ideal partner for us," said Chance Roth, President of Atomic Toys. The Urbz will ship later this year across the Xbox, PlayStation 2, GameCube, Game Boy Advance and Nintendo DS. Refer to our past reports for more on The Urbz. Interesting...
"It's like they deep fried delicious goodness and squared it... into a triangle." (BloodShotRobot, PAX08 )
"[Optimus] Prime is like Jack Bauer without all the issues" (Redmond, AGI Episode 211)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

The Sims: toys 15 years 7 months ago #11122

• Duality
  • Stage B - 1
Yah know, I'm a sucker for video game toys, but I'm not sure about this.I am imagining these toys being figures of regular people. A Sim is not going to go well with my collection of Master Chief, Jet Bradley, and the Tron2.0 ICP. Also, my Quake 2 figures, if I could find the damned shotgun and grenade launcher pieces.

The Sims: toys 15 years 7 months ago #11193

• Shady45
  • Level 10
WTF, why would anyone buy toys of just regular people. This is just stupid.
[gamercard]shady45v2[/gamercard]

The Sims: toys 15 years 7 months ago #11195

Shady45 wrote:
WTF, why would anyone buy toys of just regular people. This is just stupid.
why would u play a game doin real life things? Nothing make sense these days.....

The Sims: toys 15 years 7 months ago #11222

• MusicFan
  • Stage A - 1
BigEasyWhoDats wrote:
why would u play a game doin real life things? Nothing make sense these days.....
It is called a "simulation". For example Madden NFL 2005 is a simulation. The Sims is a simulation. The Legend of Zelda is NOT a simulation.
Psychonauts - The Greatest Game EVER! - Coming April 19th, The National Holiday Known As "The Release Of The Excellent Game Psychonauts Day"

The Sims: toys 15 years 7 months ago #11409

• Duality
  • Stage B - 1
Right. And simulations with action figures is called Barbie.

The Sims: toys 15 years 7 months ago #11497

• Raghnall
  • Level 9
i'd probably buy a couple, but i'm a sucker for figures.
i keep the wolf from the doorbut he calls me upcalls me on the phonetells me all the ways that he\'s gonna mess me upsteal all my childrenif i don\'t pay the ransombut i\'ll never see him againif i squeal to the cops

The Sims: toys 15 years 7 months ago #11501

• MusicFan
  • Stage A - 1
Duality wrote:
Right. And simulations with action figures is called Barbie.
HAHA! That is fucking hilarious. :smt043 :smt044 :lol:
Psychonauts - The Greatest Game EVER! - Coming April 19th, The National Holiday Known As "The Release Of The Excellent Game Psychonauts Day"