Forum

• Page:

TOPIC: The EB in my city had some trouble.

The EB in my city had some trouble. 15 years 3 months ago #10799

Not being a big sports video game fan, I didn't know Madden 2005 came out today. I walked past the Gamestop, and it was almost full of people waiting for the game. AT EB, there weren't too many people. Just a few passerbys. I asked the guy there what was up, and he said that the UPS guys messed up, and they were receiving Madden at 11:30 pm that night. It really sucks for them, because they had to talk to over 200 customers that day. THey are actually opening up earlier tomorrow to sell the game. I just thought I should share this. I'm wondering if any other stores had conflicts like this. It will probably happen again when Halo 2 comes out.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

The EB in my city had some trouble. 15 years 3 months ago #10811

• Arandar
  • Stage A - 1
Wow that really sucks. They just lost so much buisness today since I'm sure people would have bought other stuff as well. Although I'm sure they will probably sell out of copies of Madden tomorrow so its not like a really big deal. It just kind of makes your store look empty when everyone is jammed into GameSpot to try and get Madden.

The EB in my city had some trouble. 15 years 3 months ago #10822

• Blackwolf
  • Stage A - 1
That happened to my local EB for the NCAA 2005 release. Was supposed to come in at 8PM, but "weather delays" (it was sunny) forced them not to receive it until 2:30AM.
"Blackwolf tends to offend the same people all the time, he\'s got such a pattern it\'s almost funny. The whole spammer/think I\'m smart/argueing for arguement\'s sake clan tends to always end up at odds with Blackwolf." -BamBam

The EB in my city had some trouble. 15 years 3 months ago #10841

They totally got served by UPS.

The EB in my city had some trouble. 15 years 3 months ago #10858

• Octocamo
  • Stage A - 1
Lol man.That's why I always shop at the Gamestop over by Target. Never a line, and there is always 2 Registers open. :D
PSN: solisnkXBL: OctocamoSteam: OctocamoOrigin + Battlelog: Octocamo

The EB in my city had some trouble. 15 years 3 months ago #10881

The Matrix wrote:
Lol man.That's why I always shop at the Gamestop over by Target. Never a line, and there is always 2 Registers open. :D
Gamestop was full. Tons of people were waiting for the game. The game must have been shipping later at night before the mall closed.

The EB in my city had some trouble. 15 years 3 months ago #10887

• Komposit
  • Level 9
That's why I don't trust UPS...I stick with Fed Ex, They actually deliver on time.

The EB in my city had some trouble. 15 years 3 months ago #10888

UPS recently screwed my cousin. He sold some concert tickets on ebay and early am overnight shipped them and they arrived a day late. He insured the tickets for the $80 he sold them for ($60 for the tickets and $20 for the shipping). When he tried to get his $80 from them they sent him a check for $21.00. They said $20.00 for the shipping and $1.00 for the paper (meaning the tickets). He got really pissed and called them up an said, "what if I mailed a $500 glass vase and it shows up broken, do get $10 to cover the glass?" He won't be using UPS anymore.
"It's like they deep fried delicious goodness and squared it... into a triangle." (BloodShotRobot, PAX08 )
"[Optimus] Prime is like Jack Bauer without all the issues" (Redmond, AGI Episode 211)

The EB in my city had some trouble. 15 years 3 months ago #10889

• Apulo
  • Level 5
Any stores that received Madden yesterday probably didn't use UPS (especially Gamestop). They had to use some sort of air courier service to get it.UPS cant do same day deliveries :)

The EB in my city had some trouble. 15 years 3 months ago #10897

• Arandar
  • Stage A - 1
Heh my uncle works for UPS. I'm sure he would be pissed if I told him that a lot of people think UPS sucks. Although I'm not sure since he doesn't seem to be the lecturing type or anything. He my cousin(his son) worked for UPS for a while to and said it sucked. Although I find that strange since he said they all loved him and he hated all of them, so I don't really get that completly. The moral of the story is, I don't ever need to ship anything so I have nothing to worry about. :smt016
  • Page: