Forum

TOPIC: Ubisoft to possibly buy Eidos

Ubisoft to possibly buy Eidos 15 years 3 months ago #10641

"It's like they deep fried delicious goodness and squared it... into a triangle." (BloodShotRobot, PAX08 )
"[Optimus] Prime is like Jack Bauer without all the issues" (Redmond, AGI Episode 211)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Ubisoft to buy Eidos 15 years 3 months ago #10643

• Octocamo
  • Stage A - 1
Woah. Ubi Soft Owns though. ;)Would think EA would pick Eidos up, Oh well.
PSN: solisnkXBL: OctocamoSteam: OctocamoOrigin + Battlelog: Octocamo

Ubisoft to buy Eidos 15 years 3 months ago #10644

• MusicFan
  • Stage A - 1
*waits for offcial announcement*
Psychonauts - The Greatest Game EVER! - Coming April 19th, The National Holiday Known As "The Release Of The Excellent Game Psychonauts Day"

Ubisoft to buy Eidos 15 years 3 months ago #10741

• Duality
  • Stage B - 1
Yah know, I remember when Ubi Soft released crap games like pod. My how times change.

Ubisoft to buy Eidos 15 years 3 months ago #10746

• arefx
  • Stage A - 1
Why would Ubi Soft invest in a company that is starting to go downhill?Oh and I used to love pod :-x
EvilWall wrote:
One of my best friends always tells me, "If you want a girl to stay with you, you have to eat her ass".
The Matrix;288931 wrote:
fuckin\' brit teeth eating sno-shit, jesus man
This post posted via rooted and overclocked droid x running at 1,345Mhz undervolted with LIBERTY 1.5 and adw.launcher ex through xscope pro

Ubisoft to buy Eidos 15 years 3 months ago #10755

• MusicFan
  • Stage A - 1
arefx wrote:
Why would Ubi Soft invest in a company that is starting to go downhill?
They are publishing Freedom Fighters 2, and Tomb Raider 7 looks like it might actually be good. I thought Thief: Deadly Shadows was pretty good. Hitman: Contracts really, really, really sucked. The original Freedom Fighters is one of my favorite 100 games of all-time. Don't forget about Shellshock: Nam '67. The rest of their upcoming line-up sucks or I don't care about it.
Psychonauts - The Greatest Game EVER! - Coming April 19th, The National Holiday Known As "The Release Of The Excellent Game Psychonauts Day"

Ubisoft to buy Eidos 15 years 3 months ago #10762

• Reffy
  • Stage A - 1
Contracts did NOT suck. It WAS short, and there was a couple of major flaws. But overall it was fun for me, a major Hitman fan. It was like an expansion, just with some major ass flaws...ok maybe it did suck...just a little though.

Ubisoft to buy Eidos 15 years 3 months ago #10765

• MusicFan
  • Stage A - 1
Reffy wrote:
Contracts did NOT suck. It WAS short, and there was a couple of major flaws. But overall it was fun for me, a major Hitman fan. It was like an expansion, just with some major ass flaws...ok maybe it did suck...just a little though.
Have you ever played the original Hitman, it's basically the same thing as Contracts.

Ubisoft to buy Eidos 15 years 3 months ago #10787

• Arandar
  • Stage A - 1
Well Eidos makes or publishs The Legacy of Kain series, so thats a big one. Well for me it is at least. I still think Nintendo should have tried to get at least some of Eidos though, since then they could make the games exclusive to their system or at least get them to appear on it. Although since it is Ubi Soft thats buying it there can still be a better chance that it will happen anyway. Hopefully it won't be ports though. I mean if you port a game to the GC 6 months after it came out on other systems what do you expect but bad sales?