Forum

TOPIC: Daggett at the X Games: Part 1

Daggett at the X Games: Part 1 15 years 3 months ago #10122

• Daggett
  • Level 2
My day started off with a nice breakfast of Honey Bunches of Oats and some chocolate milk…. Once I had my digital camera and other stuff ready, I headed to the Staples Center to be in the middle of all the action. I went around to every event area and the sponsor village (with fat shirtless guys hogging the misty-fans). I wasn’t into the BMX park competition going on (although I saw Dave Mirra’s winning run), so I went to the official Playstation 2 trailer to check out the exclusive demos they had… Gran Turismo 4 is AMAZING!! Sly Cooper 2 is also great. Definitely pick these games up when they come out!Later on, I met up with friends and girlfriends while I waited for Skate Vert Best Trick later that night. I turned my shoulder and I noticed a large crowd gathering near the 95-foot structure known as the Skateboarding Big Air launch ramp. The practice sessions had a bigger crowd then the BMX finals! Sadly, there was no sign of Danny Way during the afternoon….so I decided to chill inside Staples. On the way, I spotted the one and only Bob Burnquist huddled close to his board, secretly trying to dodge the crowd on his way to the big air ramp. I gave him a “sup?” and replied with a wave and a quick grin, trying not to blow his cover.When I got into my section of the arena, I realized that my seat was right next to the commentator’s booth… a.k.a. the spot where Sal Masekela and Tony Hawk would talk about jibba jabba and random crap of that sort…. It wasn’t that great of a seat. Every 20 minutes, a tidal wave of 8 year-olds would barge down the aisle, demanding that Tony sign their stuff. Luckily, the Staples security shooed them all away. I looked at Tony, and he laughed and told me, “those kids are CRAZY!” Danny Way and family sat a row ahead of me, and I just said a quick “hi” to him, as to not bug his family time.The lights at Staples darkened, and the Vert Best Trick finals began: Bob Burnquist(skating with a leg injury), Jake Brown (all eyes set on the 900), Colin McKay (first contest in 3 years) , PLG (…he’s French Canadian), Danny Meyer (he ain’t sponsored by anyone), and Sandro Dias (he’s made the 900 before). ESPN’s X-TREME super-duper camera squad filmed it live… some bonehead in production decided to go to commercial….BAD CALL, because when they went on break, 3 of the biggest tricks went down: Danny Meyer’s kickflip mctwist, Colin McKay’s no-grab switch backside flip 360,…. And the 900 by Sandro Dias. The crowd went nuts, the guys in charge of TV production fucked themselves over via commercial, and it was good times. Sandro ended up with the win that night. I’m sure I’m forgetting a LOT of stuff... I’ll be back in LA tomorrow to witness the Big Air contest. it should be amazing, check it out on ABC. The 95 ft. high big air launch ramp. Me & Jason Ellis, interviewer/commentator/and this year, participant in big air. Inside the Staples Center. Mr. Mirra might get FUBARed if he's not too careful. Kids <3 autographs. Tony sure loves to smile to the side while holding a cup of...something.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Daggett at the X Games: Part 1 15 years 3 months ago #10124

• The_Raven
  • Stage A - 2
Very cool man, make sure to post more pics. :)

Daggett at the X Games: Part 1 15 years 3 months ago #10152

• arefx
  • Stage A - 1
Your one lucky bastard. I've been sklating since before it was the cool thing to do, so I would have loved to go :), nice pic's, glad you have a great time.
EvilWall wrote:
One of my best friends always tells me, "If you want a girl to stay with you, you have to eat her ass".
The Matrix;288931 wrote:
fuckin\' brit teeth eating sno-shit, jesus man
This post posted via rooted and overclocked droid x running at 1,345Mhz undervolted with LIBERTY 1.5 and adw.launcher ex through xscope pro

Daggett at the X Games: Part 1 15 years 3 months ago #10155

Man nice Pics and article. Keep posting and keep us informed, you lucky bitch, lol

Daggett at the X Games: Part 1 15 years 3 months ago #10184

• MusicFan
  • Stage A - 1
You're pretty damn lucky.
Psychonauts - The Greatest Game EVER! - Coming April 19th, The National Holiday Known As "The Release Of The Excellent Game Psychonauts Day"

Daggett at the X Games: Part 1 15 years 3 months ago #10581

Daggett is G4's Tony Hawk.
Sweet.