Forum

TOPIC: Starcraft II

Starcraft II 9 years 4 weeks ago #392260

TigerClaw;392102 wrote:
Blizzard is removing Starcraft 2 maps cause of stuff they deemed inappropriate. http://www.1up.com/news/blizzard-deleting-inappropriate-starcraft-maps
this is really dumb. the fastestpossible/etc maps in the first game created an entirely different game experience. it's not like it gave one player a specific advantage or pretended like it wasn't changing the way the game would progress.. ughi'm still a big hesitant to drop 60 bucks on this as well, because 90% of the time i played the first game on LAN(and still do). and i still don't really like the whole being forced to connect to bnet thing, especially if they're going to mess with what maps i can play on a lan game..
- six years and counting, damn -
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Starcraft II 8 years 7 months ago #394166

After the release I guess since everyone bought it first day and has been doing the starcrack ever since there's been no buzz besides Korea and tournaments. If anyone plays, hit me up.WreckCharacter code: 255

Starcraft II 8 years 6 months ago #394287

• alexsan
  • Stage A - 1
I will never figure this game out, but I'm giving it another shot. I'm having a ton of fun figuring stuff out.
XBL: Neezie1990PSN: sillycoreSteam: Neezie3DS: 3737-9522-5541

Play Kids Games Online 8 years 6 months ago #394568

• Kavin
  • Level 1
Ya, well said bro. I also like this game a lot. I have ended this game last month. Play Free Games | Race Games For Kids

Starcraft II 8 years 3 months ago #395353

• TigerClaw
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 3
Teaser Trailer to Starcraft 2: Heart Of The Swarm has been leaked.[youtube]PRsFxfOEZa0[/youtube]

Starcraft II 8 years 3 months ago #395388

Yeah, there's a bunch of content for HotS floating around. Here's one with some developer commentary:[youtube]7vNPOKF6yTY[/youtube]The pro-scene in SC2 is fucking awesome, by the way. MLG Columbus is going on right now and a bunch of Koreans have come out just to participate. I love all of it. Watching pro matches has basically replaced television for me. ;xIf you're interested, Team Liquid usually has a bunch of pros listed under the featured live streams. GOMtv is the GSL english stream website, which broadcasts at odd hours but there's VODs listed on the main page. On top of the scene, the game is constantly a challenge and a blast to play. So much fun. I LOVE THIS GAMEAlso, if anyone's down to practice, hit me up. Wreck.255I'm not very good because I usually don't have much free time. But if anyone wants to play some practice games or maybe some team games; I'd be more than happy to play some of you guys.

Starcraft II 7 years 9 months ago #396317

So this is currently the largest E-Sport around, even larger than Brood War in foreign communities and growing quickly in Korea. Top Korean BW pros are training for the transition into SC2 in the near future.If you don't even play this, it's still a blast to watch. The amount of skill and decision making that goes on in a pro level game is really a sight to see, and the casters usually incorporate easily understood language to convey what's happening in the games. Thousands of people gather at tournament finals and tens of thousands watch on streams. It's really quite amazing as to how much this game as grown in a year of being released.If you watch one game, it should be this:http://www.gomtv.net/2011gslsponsors7/vod/66507MVP, the three time GSL champion against the current MLG champion Leenok. Games after the first requires a subscription, but the first by itself is really what Starcraft is all about.

Starcraft II 7 years 9 months ago #396319

• JoEDigiTECH
  • Thank you received: 4
I'm always amazed at competitive RTS play. Back when I would play the AoE series I would play single player and build a labyrinth of walls around my kingdom and max out all my tech before I descended on my computer opponents. I've watched some of these Starcraft II competitions and the level of skill is baffling. There seems to be no wasted time whatsoever. It seems to be all about efficiency.