Forum

TOPIC: Starcraft II

Starcraft II 9 years 6 months ago #388619

arefx;388039 wrote:
I can't wait to play this game, im getting all giddy inside thinking about it, bringing me back to when I was young, had no job, responsibilities, and could play starcraft for 12 horus a day.
Ah, those were the days...Now I'm lucky if I get 10 hrs/week for gaming. :(Emptythought;388543 wrote:
i've been playing the leaked/offline only beta a lot.i really like it, but it's funny how much stuff they just jacked from warcraft III. especially special attacks.i just wish that they hadn't killed lan. i played the first game on lan for basically my entire life, and occasionally still do.and yea, the music is pretty damn good. intense versions of the old songs and really quality new stuff in the same vein.
WEEEAAAAKKKKK NO LAN!?!? DDDDDDD:Are there heroes in online play? Because that would be the only thing I could think of that's a big dif from WC to SC.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Starcraft II 9 years 6 months ago #388626

there is absolutely no lan, that was announced before the beta even came out. they expect people who want to lan to create a private battlenet game... ugh. i think i'm going to screenshot every time a "lan" game lags out and email it to them. i hope other people do the same.and no, there's no heroes. but i'm starting to think there's something like the "veteran" system in total annihilation where as a unit racks up kills it slightly increases its damage/accuracy/etc. especially since there's unit kill counts now.it's a cool game, and amazingly relatively graphics hardware intense too. neither my 9400m equipped current gen macbook or my friends radeon hd3200(overclocked from 500 to 1000mhz, nonetheless) equipped workstation can handle it at more than moderate settings. and thats a system that plays mass effect 2 at basically max settings. maybe there's some optimization yet to be done? it looks incredibly beautiful though.
- six years and counting, damn -

Starcraft II 9 years 6 months ago #388645

Emptythought;388626 wrote:
it's a cool game, and amazingly relatively graphics hardware intense too. neither my 9400m equipped current gen macbook or my friends radeon hd3200(overclocked from 500 to 1000mhz, nonetheless) equipped workstation can handle it at more than moderate settings. and thats a system that plays mass effect 2 at basically max settings. maybe there's some optimization yet to be done? it looks incredibly beautiful though.
it might not be THAT intensive. those two systems are pretty low-spec. mass effect 2 is, however, incredibly optimized.
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e20/kareeji/arrowheadsig.jpg?t=1268771428
Twitter: hifibryYoutube: kareeji

Starcraft II 9 years 6 months ago #388657

• Burr
  • Thank you received: 6
ME2 is also a 360 port..I thought they said something like for LAN games it just logs on and organizes through Battle.net, but then should play like a LAN game once you're in.. Which can still be bad for big LAN parties, though, with everyone trying to log in at once.
Co-host of Cat & Fox on AllGames.com!

Starcraft II 9 years 6 months ago #388668

i still think it's dumb to have to set up&&allow internet access to everyone at a decent sized lan though.especially since you know one guy will "forget" to close utorrent.
- six years and counting, damn -

Starcraft II 9 years 6 months ago #388773

• Necromas
  • Level 3
Last I heard they clarified it that there is LAN, you just have to have an internet connection so you can verify with Bnet to play it. You can still be playing over the LAN to have no latency and whatnot, but you have to be able to connect to the internet (and let it try to confirm you aren't a pirate) to start the match.

Starcraft II 9 years 6 months ago #388980

Necromas;388773 wrote:
Last I heard they clarified it that there is LAN, you just have to have an internet connection so you can verify with Bnet to play it. You can still be playing over the LAN to have no latency and whatnot, but you have to be able to connect to the internet (and let it try to confirm you aren't a pirate) to start the match.
What if I don't have access to the internet but have a lan? Fucking bullshit. Fuck Activision.

Starcraft II 9 years 6 months ago #389006

• Burr
  • Thank you received: 6
I got added to the beta and finally tried it yesterday. I played one round as terran. The other guy quit after I stopped his zerg rush, but fortunately it lets you keep playing so I got to build all the units. Feels like the same game, just more layers of stuff and graphics that look awesome on a big screen again.
Co-host of Cat & Fox on AllGames.com!

Starcraft II 9 years 2 months ago #391735

Can you guys taste it yet?I sure as fuck can.

Starcraft II 9 years 2 months ago #391825

• TigerClaw
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 3
Awesome new cinematic trailer for Starcraft 2.[youtube]C_E83GfWM-A[/youtube]