Forum

TOPIC: Star Trek Online Thread

Star Trek Online Thread 10 years 2 months ago #384033

• Lord Moon
  • Stage A - 1
So interested in the Collector's Edition?What's In The Star Trek Online Collector's Edition?
GameStop has posted details on the Collector's Edition of Star Trek Online, featuring $30 worth of extra collectible Star Trek goodness in a brushed aluminum 3dX holography case.The fancy case is only the beginning for Star Trek fans willing to spend $79.99 instead of the normal retail price of $49.99 on Star Trek Online, but it sure is lovely. It features magnetic closures and nested storage for the rest of the premium items included in the deal. Items like a combination hardbound instruction guide, art book, and disc container, or the cast metal communicator badge, styled after the one used in the game. The package also includes three credit card style buddy passes for you to share with your friends. Swanky!The collector's edition also comes with the requisite in-game items, with a red matter capacitor for your ship and Deep Space Nine and Next Generation uniforms for your crew.The Star Trek Online Collector's Edition will be severely limited, so if you want it, I'd highly suggest preordering as soon as possible. GameStop has an exclusive in-game Constitution Class Starship waiting for those that do.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Star Trek Online Thread 10 years 2 months ago #384930

• Decipher
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 1
I'd want the costumes and items, but otherwise meh. Not worth the extra cash.

Star Trek Online Thread 10 years 1 month ago #386221

I'm playing in the Beta. I got the beta join code because I preordered the regular version, not the collectors ed. So far, it's not half bad for a beta product. There are some glitches. The ground play isn't half bad, but I've wound up in open instance teams. The space warfare was more frustrating....alright, it's because I lack coordination. But overall I'm pretty impressed with the game. My only real compliant is that you can't make bikinis as uniforms :(
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin"The cost of failure is not that a saber-toothed tiger eats you... the cost of failure is nothing. The worst thing that will happen is that you will fail and no one will notice." - Seth Godin

Star Trek Online Thread 10 years 3 weeks ago #386461

• Decipher
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 1
I've watched the videos of them playing on GiantBomb and I have one BIG HUGE HUMONGOUS problem with it. The corridors, rooms, etc in the ships are all BIG HUGE HUMONGOUS. The scale is WAY off. It's like a bunch of shrunken people running around on the ships. Ridiculous. I don't think I'd be able to get over it either. Oh well. It's not like I have time for an MMO.

Star Trek Online Thread 10 years 3 weeks ago #386571

NO MORE MMO's D: