Forum

TOPIC: Lost my job, but I got something better now.

Lost my job, but I got something better now. 10 years 1 week ago #380853

Just kidding. I'm really excited about getting a new motherboard and processor/RAM, I've finally amassed the funds. I'll be able to run games like ArmA/ArmA 2 and Crysis at higher than 15 FPS... and I'll be able to actually RUN GTA IV and Far Cry 2. This is fucking ridiculous. And since the motherboard is AM3/AM2+, I'll be able to upgrade if I want to. That sounds like a "duh" thing for PC gaming, but I've had to deal with Socket 939, which was outdated almost as soon as it came out. Discuss awesomeness.
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e20/kareeji/arrowheadsig.jpg?t=1268771428
Twitter: hifibryYoutube: kareeji
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Lost my job, but I got something better now. 10 years 1 week ago #380854

  • Ezekiel
  • Ezekiel's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Stage A - 1
  • Posts: 6849
  • Karma: 888
I had my glory moment a year ago, Token shortly after.Welcome the Club. We have some 1900x1200 resolutions and 8x AA over there by the whiskey and 500gigs of porn.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Lost my job, but I got something better now. 10 years 1 week ago #380865

  • Bloodburn
  • Bloodburn's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Level 10
  • Posts: 739
  • Karma: 10
Dont count on it...I have a quad core 2.4ghz with 6gb ram and a 640mb 8800 card and arma 2 STILL runs like shit at most 20fps if Im lucky.I can run crysis on all high and any other game, but arma 2 is HORRIBLY optimized if at all.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Lost my job, but I got something better now. 10 years 1 week ago #380870

  • Token White Guy
  • Token White Guy's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Stage A - 1
  • Posts: 7711
  • Thank you received: 1
  • Karma: 9
Violence in HD;380853 wrote:
I'll be able to actually RUN GTA IV
Euphoria brother! Can't wait.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Lost my job, but I got something better now. 10 years 1 week ago #380875

Ezekiel;380854 wrote:
I had my glory moment a year ago, Token shortly after.Welcome the Club. We have some 1900x1200 resolutions and 8x AA over there by the whiskey and 500gigs of porn.
Proud to be here, sir. Just ordered the stuff on Newegg. We get badges or secret decoder rings, rightBloodburn;380865 wrote:
Dont count on it...I have a quad core 2.4ghz with 6gb ram and a 640mb 8800 card and arma 2 STILL runs like shit at most 20fps if Im lucky.I can run crysis on all high and any other game, but arma 2 is HORRIBLY optimized if at all.
Well, I mean, I'm not going to try to run ArmA 2 on high video memory mode, because that's where I've seen all the problems stem from. If I can get it at a high 3D resolution, high shaders/shadows, and at least normal textures, I'll be soooo happy at 30 fps. Crysis is a chump these days, yeah, I can see running that at LOL speeds.Token White Guy;380870 wrote:
Euphoria brother! Can't wait.
Honestly, you guys are all probably going to be annoyed if you follow my youtube account. LOL
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e20/kareeji/arrowheadsig.jpg?t=1268771428
Twitter: hifibryYoutube: kareeji
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Lost my job, but I got something better now. 10 years 1 week ago #380877

  • Token White Guy
  • Token White Guy's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Stage A - 1
  • Posts: 7711
  • Thank you received: 1
  • Karma: 9
Violence in HD;380875 wrote:
Honestly, you guys are all probably going to be annoyed if you follow my youtube account. LOL
It'll be better then most of the shit posted.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Lost my job, but I got something better now. 10 years 1 week ago #380927

i got tired of the whole pc upgrading thing so i got a laptop instead.still, i know what that feeling is like. and it is good.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Lost my job, but I got something better now. 10 years 1 week ago #380930

  • Bloodburn
  • Bloodburn's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Level 10
  • Posts: 739
  • Karma: 10
Violence in HD;380875 wrote:
Well, I mean, I'm not going to try to run ArmA 2 on high video memory mode, because that's where I've seen all the problems stem from. If I can get it at a high 3D resolution, high shaders/shadows, and at least normal textures, I'll be soooo happy at 30 fps. Crysis is a chump these days, yeah, I can see running that at LOL speeds.
Unless you dont mind turning down the draw distance to like 1000. you wont be getting very good fps no matter what you set. I can set everything to low and STILL only top out at 20fps when in any, and I mean any other game, I can easily get 30-60fps. Even gta4.Something is wrong with the game code in arma 2. It makes me a sad panda.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Lost my job, but I got something better now. 10 years 6 days ago #381106

I got everything and it all seems to jive together, but I'm getting a new power supply shipped too. I don't get a video signal and it's because I'm missing a wire... my current 650w just does NOT have it. So I'm getting a "green" rosewill 630w and hoping for the best.
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e20/kareeji/arrowheadsig.jpg?t=1268771428
Twitter: hifibryYoutube: kareeji
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Lost my job, but I got something better now. 10 years 6 days ago #381111

  • EvilWall
  • EvilWall's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Stage A - 1
  • Posts: 6043
  • Karma: 10
Violence in HD;381106 wrote:
I got everything and it all seems to jive together, but I'm getting a new power supply shipped too. I don't get a video signal and it's because I'm missing a wire... my current 650w just does NOT have it. So I'm getting a "green" rosewill 630w and hoping for the best.
Dude, just get a 1000w. It's so friggen quiet.
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
The administrator has disabled public write access.