Forum

• Page:

TOPIC: Kotor?

Kotor? 10 years 1 month ago #377890

• Bloodburn
  • Level 10
I see its $10 on steam.My question, is, should I get it? I heard its a classic great game, a great rpg, but is it open world?By open world I mean like final fantasy, or oblivion? From what i can tell its more linier like mass effect where you only venture down corridors and set paths, you cant explore.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Kotor? 10 years 1 month ago #377892

• C0lin
  • Stage A - 1
It's not linear. Definitely like Mass Effect.

Kotor? 10 years 1 month ago #377894

Yeah it's like Mass Effect. Could have been more open worlded, but its an awesome game regardless.

Kotor? 10 years 1 month ago #377895

• Bloodburn
  • Level 10
i havnt played mass effect, but from what ive seen there are no open worlds for you to explore, its all isolated areas.I am just wodnering if in KOTOR i can walk around killing things to level up in an overworld like final fantasy. can I?

Kotor? 10 years 1 month ago #377898

There's points where you can run around freely on planets and such, but its still an isolated environment. It's based on zones and areas which you enter and leave. You can't really go out and explore the whole planet. That isn't to say that the game is small.

Kotor? 10 years 1 month ago #377900

• JoEDigiTECH
  • Thank you received: 4
Has anyone played it recently. Does it hold up? I'm tempted to try it out and for 10 buck it sounds like a good deal.

Kotor? 10 years 1 month ago #377901

JoEDigiTECH;377900 wrote:
Has anyone played it recently. Does it hold up? I'm tempted to try it out and for 10 buck it sounds like a good deal.
I played it on the PC about a month ago. Story and gameplay are still good, but It's hard to try to re experience the ending.
[gamercard]Detective Rocko[/gamercard]

Kotor? 10 years 1 month ago #377902

Bloodburn wrote:
I am just wodnering if in KOTOR i can walk around killing things to level up in an overworld like final fantasy. can I?
Not really. Most encounters don't respawn in the game so once you clear out a mission, it's done. There are a few exceptions, like the krayt dragons on Tatooine, but not as many as in an FF by far. The plus side is that this adds to the challenge of developing your characters with the skill points you earn by carefully considering what you want them to be. You won't be able to be a master in everything in KOTOR.The action on each world takes place in a specific area as Gene pointed out, but each area is pretty huge and filled with a lot of side quests and things to do. The game is pretty open ended when it comes to dialogue choices...but that also reflects your affinity for the dark and light side. It's a great RPG, though, especially once you jack up your Force powers.
[gamercard]Dungeonbuster[/gamercard]Random mumblings at World 1-1

Kotor? 10 years 1 month ago #377903

• Token White Guy
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 1
I love KOTOR and KOTOR 2. Best Star Wars RPGs ever.

Kotor? 10 years 1 month ago #377910

• R3quiem
  • Stage B - 3
this is DEFINITELY worth it for 10 bucks
  • Page: