Forum

TOPIC: World of Warcraft: Cataclysm

World of Warcraft: Cataclysm 9 years 7 months ago #376964

• Lord Moon
  • Stage A - 1
Better get in all the "old achievements" while you can.World of Warcraft: Cataclysm expansion confirmed; new races, level cap, quests
As expected, Blizzard just announced the latest expansion to the World of Warcraft universe: Cataclysm. Instead of adding a fancy new continent to the mix, this expansion will change (think: destruction) the Azeroth you now know. As leaked earlier, Goblins and Wolvar join the cast of playable races; the level cap has been raised to 85; and of course bunches of new raids, dungeons, and quests to sink your free time into.We've got a press disc that we'll upload just as soon as this opening ceremony is over. Cataclysm is playable on the floor, so as soon as we can shove some people out of the way, we'll get you our hands-on impressions.
More from Kotaku;
* Two New Playable Races: Adventure as one of two new races—the cursed worgen with the Alliance or the resourceful goblins with the Horde.* Level Cap Increased to 85: Earn new abilities, tap into new talents, and progress through the path system, a new way for players to improve characters.* Classic Zones Remade: Familiar zones across the original continents of Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms have been altered forever and updated with new content, from the devastated Badlands to the broken Barrens, which has been sundered in two.* New High-Level Zones: Explore newly opened parts of the world, including Uldum, Grim Batol, and the great Sunken City of Vashj'ir beneath the sea.* More Raid Content than Ever Before: Enjoy more high-level raid content than previous expansions, with optional more challenging versions of all encounters.* New Race and Class Combinations: Explore Azeroth as a gnome priest, blood elf warrior, or one of the other never-before-available race and class combinations.* Guild Advancement: Progress as a guild to earn guild levels and guild achievements.* New PvP Zone & Rated Battlegrounds: Take on PvP objectives and daily quests on Tol Barad Island, a new Wintergrasp-like zone, and wage war in all-new rated Battlegrounds.* Archaeology: Master a new secondary profession to unearth valuable artifacts and earn unique rewards.* Flying Mounts in Azeroth: Explore Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms like never before.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

World of Warcraft: Cataclysm 9 years 7 months ago #376968

• Burr
  • Thank you received: 6
I'm so rolling a Worgen..I like it.. New low level content.. get to use flying mounts everywhere finally..Level cap only going up by 5 is a bit odd. Guess they've got 3 more expansions planned?Not sure what I think about giving races new classes to play with though.
Co-host of Cat & Fox on AllGames.com!

World of Warcraft: Cataclysm 9 years 7 months ago #376971

• Lord Moon
  • Stage A - 1
I know fellow clan member has gotten sort of "bored" with WoW. He's maxed out and pretty much just plays daily's. In fact the only times he does anything else is when my "lowly" lvl66 warlock gets on and he helps me with quests.This will defiantly put the fire back in him.

World of Warcraft: Cataclysm 9 years 7 months ago #377004

• Lord Moon
  • Stage A - 1
I'm a little sad as a casual player. Much of the current world I will never be able to go through. :( :cry:Though much of the new I do look forward too.

World of Warcraft: Cataclysm 9 years 7 months ago #377008

• Burr
Eh? You're 66, you had to have gone through a good deal of stuff in Azeroth. Whatever you didn't do, you're not missing out on all that much IMO.. I'm sure a lot of it will be kept relatively intact (at least theme wise, I'm sure they'll improve a lot of the more boring quest lines), just rearranged to add new higher level areas alongside the old.

World of Warcraft: Cataclysm 9 years 7 months ago #377009

• Nut_Man
  • Stage A - 1
Burr;376968 wrote:
I'm so rolling a Worgen..I like it.. New low level content.. get to use flying mounts everywhere finally..Level cap only going up by 5 is a bit odd. Guess they've got 3 more expansions planned?Not sure what I think about giving races new classes to play with though.
Blizzard says they want level 80 to 85 to really "mean something". So it's gonna be a lot harder than going from 70 to 80.

World of Warcraft: Cataclysm 9 years 7 months ago #377010

• Zidy
  • Stage A - 1
Actually I hate how they're adding flying mounts to Azeroth. Higher levels are gonna be annoying the lower levels much more now.

World of Warcraft: Cataclysm 9 years 7 months ago #377113

• Lord Moon
  • Stage A - 1
A big ol' roundup of info dropped at Blizzcon for WoW.Round-up: The Cataclysmic changes coming to World of Warcraft

World of Warcraft: Cataclysm 9 years 6 months ago #377178

SO when's this supposed to come out?
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin"The cost of failure is not that a saber-toothed tiger eats you... the cost of failure is nothing. The worst thing that will happen is that you will fail and no one will notice." - Seth Godin

World of Warcraft: Cataclysm 9 years 6 months ago #377179

• Burr