Forum

TOPIC: XBLA Darling Braid Lands on PC March 31st - for $5 More

XBLA Darling Braid Lands on PC March 31st - for $5 More 10 years 7 months ago #360578

• Lord Moon
  • Stage A - 1
So before it was just making sure he didn't go bankrupt. Now that he's made his money back plus some, why is the PC version more expensive?XBLA Darling Braid Lands on PC March 31st - for $5 MoreIt's still a great game though.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

XBLA Darling Braid Lands on PC March 31st - for $5 More 10 years 7 months ago #360580

• eswat
  • Stage A - 1
Not exactly the most brilliant move.A port months after initial release + 33% price increase in today's shitty economy = some happy pirates thinking they've absolved their conscious by sticking it to Blow.EDIT: Stardock heard me. It's $15 now: http://www.impulsedriven.com/braid

XBLA Darling Braid Lands on PC March 31st - for $5 More 10 years 7 months ago #360649

• Lord Moon
  • Stage A - 1
And Jonathan Blow explains why he priced it at $20 and why he changed his mind.Braid for the PC is now $15.
Yesterday, Stardock announced that they would be selling Braid at the end of March for $19.95. This price has proven to be unpopular in certain areas of the Internets, so I’ve reduced it to $14.95. Pre-orders from Stardock have not been charged yet, so if you pre-ordered at $20 you will still get the game for $15.Some people have asked why I picked the $20 price point. The answer is, I just looked at some comparable games on the PC and saw how much they were charging. Crayon Physics Deluxe, World of Goo, and Aquaria, among many others, are all priced at $20. It seemed reasonable not to charge less for Braid than for those games.But ultimately, I don’t care that much about the PC release price. The XBLA version was nicely profitable, and my goal with the PC release is mainly to get the game out to a wider audience. Sure, it would be nice to earn the optimal amount of money from that release — I have interesting ideas for games that I want to make in the future, and making games is very expensive, and I will probably have to hire people to help! But ultimately, I would rather have people talking about the game itself, what they like and dislike about it, than about how many American Fiat Currency Dollars it costs.So, you’ll be able to buy Braid for $14.95. Stardock is one of two or three Windows PC-oriented download sites that I have signed with. The others haven’t made their announcements yet, but when they do, I’ll post it here.

XBLA Darling Braid Lands on PC March 31st - for $5 More 10 years 7 months ago #360661

• Ezekiel
  • Stage A - 1
The "others". I hope he isn't just blowing "STEAM".

XBLA Darling Braid Lands on PC March 31st - for $5 More 10 years 7 months ago #361057

• eswat
  • Stage A - 1
LOL. Time to shit on the price again.Braid $10 on Xbox Live