Forum

• Page:

TOPIC: Hypothetical Blizzard Game Question

Hypothetical Blizzard Game Question 10 years 7 months ago #360599

eswat;360597 wrote:
The Blizzard Store version is slightly-more convenient, and a bit more future-proof since you are given a key and a portable installer. (what if Valve and Steam eventually tank, hypothetically?)
I couldn't tell you the last PC game I've played that was more than 4 or 5 years old (other than Half-Life 1).
"It's like they deep fried delicious goodness and squared it... into a triangle." (BloodShotRobot, PAX08 )
"[Optimus] Prime is like Jack Bauer without all the issues" (Redmond, AGI Episode 211)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Hypothetical Blizzard Game Question 10 years 7 months ago #360601

• Nut_Man
  • Stage A - 1
alexsan;360593 wrote:
Steam saves it onto your account forever so you don't need a key
I was saying that with Steam you need to be online to play(offline mode doesnt work like it should). If I buy a physical copy of a blizzard game I can do whatever I want with it. If I need a digital copy for whatever reason I just punch my serial key into the blizzard store and I can then download that game any time I want while also being able to still use my physical copy.

Hypothetical Blizzard Game Question 10 years 7 months ago #360609

• Octocamo
  • Stage A - 1
When are you ever offline nowadays when playing games?seriously.I'd get the steam version.
PSN: solisnkXBL: OctocamoSteam: OctocamoOrigin + Battlelog: Octocamo

Hypothetical Blizzard Game Question 10 years 7 months ago #360610

• Nut_Man
  • Stage A - 1
Just the other day my connection died for no reason(thanks comcast) right when I was about to play Company of Heroes which I own on Steam. Also since this is a blizzard game I would be buying a copy for my dad who doesn't always have access to the internet since he's overseas quite a bit.

Hypothetical Blizzard Game Question 10 years 7 months ago #360617

• Ezekiel
  • Stage A - 1
Yeah, internet isn't magically up forever. I absolutely HATE when I want to play a game on my 360, but can't get online, so suddenly I can't play half the fucking games I downloaded because it thinks I got 200/200 achievement points in trial games :/

Hypothetical Blizzard Game Question 10 years 7 months ago #360618

• eswat
  • Stage A - 1
What I hate worse than having no internet connection before playing, is losing a connection while I'm playing.Most 360 games boot you out of your profile as soon as you get disconnected from LIVE, sending you to the main menu or whatever without offering a save. What bullshit. I don't remember having this problem with Steam. (I get disconnected from just LIVE more than the internet shutting down, so that could be it)

Hypothetical Blizzard Game Question 10 years 7 months ago #360630

• Burr
  • Thank you received: 6
Depends what Blizzard game it would be and how hyped up I'd be for the physical goodies. I'd probably go through their digital store.. The only Steam games I own are by Valve, and I think I'd rather deal as close to the developer as possible, since whatever happens they're likely in a better position to support their own stuff rather than some third party's.
Co-host of Cat & Fox on AllGames.com!

Hypothetical Blizzard Game Question 10 years 7 months ago #360633

Blizzard store. If I wanted to, I could pull the soundtrack from the MPQs, and I really wouldn't care about an action figure.In reality, it'd probably be cheapest at JB HiFi and I'd get it there.
I refuse to have a decent signature
  • Page: