Forum

• Page:

TOPIC: Hypothetical Blizzard Game Question

Hypothetical Blizzard Game Question 10 years 8 months ago #360541

• GH33DA
  • Stage A - 1
Let's suppose <Insert Blizzard Game in Development> was being released next Tuesday. However you only had 3 options.1) Blizzard Store (Digital Only) - $49.992) Best Buy - $69.993) Steam - $49.99Steam and the Blizzard store are the only way to obtain the game digitally. Best Buy is the only way to obtain a hard copy. The Digital versions will contain PDF versions of the manual. The hard copy will have a physical manual, soundtrack CD, and action figure. All versions will have the same in-game content.Which version would you chose and why?
Valleys Of NeptuneBuckFarack187;366915 wrote:
I don\'t even know why I still try.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Hypothetical Blizzard Game Question 10 years 8 months ago #360542

Steam, most of my other games are on there.
"It's like they deep fried delicious goodness and squared it... into a triangle." (BloodShotRobot, PAX08 )
"[Optimus] Prime is like Jack Bauer without all the issues" (Redmond, AGI Episode 211)

Hypothetical Blizzard Game Question 10 years 8 months ago #360545

• Nut_Man
  • Stage A - 1
I'd go with the hard copy for a couple of reasons. Yeah it's an extra $20, but with all Blizzard games you can punch your serial key into your account on the Blizzard store and you can then download that game any time you want on any computer. So I have the convenience of a digital download any time I want, and I don't have to deal with Steam forcing me to be online to play. Plus, I like my physical copies of games, and an action figure would be badass.

Hypothetical Blizzard Game Question 10 years 8 months ago #360546

• SageClaw
  • Stage B - 3
Normally I would go for the Collector's Edition if there was good enough swag. Blizzard is usually pretty good with their swag (as a rule of thumb) but this one seems pretty lame, hypothetically. Going to have to go with Steam on this one. However, toss in a DVD of the in-game cinematics/making of and coffee table art book.... then it's Best Buy.
"Well if I knew what I was talking about do you really think I would waste it on an Internet Forum?" SageClaw

Hypothetical Blizzard Game Question 10 years 8 months ago #360562

• Ezekiel
  • Stage A - 1
Best Buy. I want the physical copy.

Hypothetical Blizzard Game Question 10 years 8 months ago #360565

• Nut_Man
  • Stage A - 1
Ezekiel;360562 wrote:
Best Buy. I want the physical copy.
The best part is that with Blizzard games you can download the game any time you want provided you have a serial key. I can't see why anyone would choose Steam in this scenario.

Hypothetical Blizzard Game Question 10 years 8 months ago #360581

Nut_Man;360565 wrote:
The best part is that with Blizzard games you can download the game any time you want provided you have a serial key. I can't see why anyone would choose Steam in this scenario.
If the retail copy is more, I'd go Steam. If there's a retail copy for the same price that I can enter the Key into Steam or Blizzard to download at any time I'd get that.
"It's like they deep fried delicious goodness and squared it... into a triangle." (BloodShotRobot, PAX08 )
"[Optimus] Prime is like Jack Bauer without all the issues" (Redmond, AGI Episode 211)

Hypothetical Blizzard Game Question 10 years 8 months ago #360582

• eswat
  • Stage A - 1
Blizzard Store.They haven't been putting much stuff in their physical copies since WarCraft III, so the $20 jump doesn't seem worth it to me.EDIT: Didn't read the OP fully.I'd get it from Best Buy with all that extra swag. It may be like $30 more CAD, but I'm a Blizzard Fanbitch. (action figures alone are around $15 anyway)

Hypothetical Blizzard Game Question 10 years 8 months ago #360593

• alexsan
  • Stage A - 1
Nut_Man;360565 wrote:
Steam saves it onto your account forever so you don't need a key
XBL: Neezie1990PSN: sillycoreSteam: Neezie3DS: 3737-9522-5541

Hypothetical Blizzard Game Question 10 years 8 months ago #360597

• eswat
  • Stage A - 1
alexsan;360593 wrote:
Steam saves it onto your account forever so you don't need a key
Think Nutman was pointing out that you would still need to have Steam running to play it. A game bought from Blizzard Store has no DRM on it other than a key.The Blizzard Store version is slightly-more convenient, and a bit more future-proof since you are given a key and a portable installer. (what if Valve and Steam eventually tank, hypothetically?)
  • Page: