Forum

TOPIC: Escape From City 17

Escape From City 17 10 years 8 months ago #360247

• Token White Guy
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 1
Directed by The Purchase Brothers.The Escape From City 17 short film series is an adaptation based on the Half Life computer game saga by Valve Corporation. Originally envisioned as a project to test out numerous post production techniques, as well as a spec commercial, it ballooned into a multi part series. Filmed guerilla style with no money, no time, no crew, no script, the first two episodes were made from beginning to end on a budget of $500.Additional Notes:Valve flew the team out to Seattle last year, and the brothers have been in communication with them since.David and Ian Purchase are commercial directors represented by Sons and Daughters in Toronto. They are also huge fans of HL, since the days of "ivan the space biker'www.purchasebrothers.comRepresented for commercials atwww.sonsandaughters.caUPDATE:Too much traffic to purchasebrothers.com.Getting it back up. To contact us email at this temp addess:This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
[youtube]q1UPMEmCqZo[/youtube]There is no word in the dictionary to describe this film.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Escape From City 17 10 years 8 months ago #360254

• Octocamo
  • Stage A - 1
I saw this at lunchtime thanks to WilCon in chat.Simply fucking amazing. I would pay to see this shit. Seriously fucking bad ass.
PSN: solisnkXBL: OctocamoSteam: OctocamoOrigin + Battlelog: Octocamo

Escape From City 17 10 years 8 months ago #360361

• Decipher
  • Stage A - 1
Looks fantastic.

Escape From City 17 10 years 8 months ago #360375

I think I'm the only person that didn't like it. I like the idea of it, but the acting is horrible. "I hate walking ok, ugh". Really?The trailer at the end looks interesting, but it looks like more bad acting.
"It's like they deep fried delicious goodness and squared it... into a triangle." (BloodShotRobot, PAX08 )
"[Optimus] Prime is like Jack Bauer without all the issues" (Redmond, AGI Episode 211)

Escape From City 17 10 years 8 months ago #360382

Even if it sucks I'll still watch it.

Escape From City 17 10 years 8 months ago #360398

I love how they shot a grenade magically out of that submachine gun. True to the game!PS It was the best thing I've ever seen on youtube... not knocking it because I hate it cause I LOVED it.
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e20/kareeji/arrowheadsig.jpg?t=1268771428
Twitter: hifibryYoutube: kareeji

Escape From City 17 10 years 8 months ago #360402

• Token White Guy
  • Stage A - 1
Violence in HD;360398 wrote:
I love how they shot a grenade magically out of that submachine gun. True to the game!
I never really understood that in Half Life 2. Even Half Life had it. Who the hell puts a M203 on a MP5?!

Escape From City 17 10 years 8 months ago #360403

At least HL1 had the M203. You actually shoot magical grenades (from your face, even... center of the screen) from the gun's hole.
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e20/kareeji/arrowheadsig.jpg?t=1268771428
Twitter: hifibryYoutube: kareeji