Forum

TOPIC: Second Life-Anyone Still Playing it?

Second Life-Anyone Still Playing it? 10 years 9 months ago #356822

Just wondering if anyone still plays Second Life. I had created an account(it spurned the would-be creator in me) but I grew tired of it within 5 months. I should have pointed out that at the time I was playing on the teen servers.Now I am older and feel that, if I choose to enter its world again, I can better utilize and appreciate Second Life's tools. So I'm wondering if anyone else still plays Second Life so that I don't feel so new when I play again.EDIT: Yeah, I doubt I'll be able to get into SL anytime soon. After signing up I fail to ever receive a confirmation email. So I'll be on one day.
[gamercard]Detective Rocko[/gamercard]
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Second Life-Anyone Still Playing it? 10 years 9 months ago #356825

• Burr
  • Thank you received: 6
I've been in it for four years now. The only time I really took a long break from it was when I was hooked on WoW. For me it's mostly been another place to socialize and chat, primarily with - ZOMG - furries. (It's still hilarious to me how ignorantly worked up and retarded people get over that with their comments on every.. single.. article.. on the internet about SL, it's like they break out into epileptic seizures, curl up into fetal position, and go piss themselves in the corner out of sheer horror each time, sheesh).Speaking of the teen grid, I've run into people that have had accounts long enough to cross over to the adult realm and it's always been fascinating to see what they bring over with them. A lot of it is stuff they've had to re-engineer that first came out on the main grid, but with a unique twist to it, but I've also seen some original ideas and clothing, too. Impressive stuff.Anyways I'm Burr Lehane on there if you want to talk or meet up on the grid. I can't promise I'll be all that entertaining or exciting (and the same goes for SL itself, it just plain bores most people to death and that'll never change because it's just not for everyone), and fair warning I'm a whole lot gayer and furrier on SL than I am anywhere else, but I can definitely help with the basics of building and such.
Co-host of Cat & Fox on AllGames.com!

Second Life-Anyone Still Playing it? 10 years 9 months ago #356828

Yeah uh, Burr, it's not so much that people overreact to furries, it's just that nobody really wants to see Kotaku do an expose on the life and times of something like gay people, much less gay- or straight- furries. It's fucking awkward and it's weird to most people.(I'm not saying all furries are gay! But a signficant, large amount of furries are.)
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e20/kareeji/arrowheadsig.jpg?t=1268771428
Twitter: hifibryYoutube: kareeji

Second Life-Anyone Still Playing it? 10 years 9 months ago #356837

• Burr
  • Thank you received: 6
I wasn't really referring to that, in fact I don't know why Kotaku keeps reporting on it either since it's not a freaking game (unless they'd like to do some serious reporting about the actual games you DO find in SL). There's sad little retards that will post the same shit on any tech site where it is relevant just because the words "second" and "life" appear in the same article without even referring to the damn thing."OH NOES SECOND LIFE FLYING PENISES AND FURRIES FUCK I AM SO NOT INTO THAT IN FACT I ONLY GOOGLE FOR EVERY ARTICLE IN THE UNIVERSE ABOUT SL IN ORDER TO EXPLAIN THIS FACT!! *secretly admires his tiny little e-penis in the mirror and smirks to himself as he clicks submit*"My God I think the internet gets this point a thousand times over already. :rolleyes:
Co-host of Cat & Fox on AllGames.com!

Second Life-Anyone Still Playing it? 10 years 9 months ago #356838

What I find most appealing about Second Life is just the amount of different cultures, styles, and overall people I can run into. There is an astonishing lack of diversity in my area(all middle class individuals just trying to get through the day) so why limit my interactions in a world so multicultural as Second Life.So I will most likely be joining back into Second Life any day now, so anyone else who still log ins to the world regularly post here. Oh, and thank you Burr for the invitation.
[gamercard]Detective Rocko[/gamercard]