Forum

TOPIC: Activating Games on Steam

Activating Games on Steam 10 years 10 months ago #355850

• Token White Guy
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 1
I'm beyond frustrated right now. I had an old Steam account that I barely used and I wanted to make a new one. I created my account, logged in, and went on to installing HL2, CS:S, and a few other games. At the end of installing CS:S an activation pop-up came on. I put down the activating code and I got an error saying this code belongs to another steam account. Which was my old one. Is there a way to deactivate the code on my old account so I can us it on my new one?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Activating Games on Steam 10 years 10 months ago #355853

Token White Guy;355850 wrote:
I'm beyond frustrated right now. I had an old Steam account that I barely used and I wanted to make a new one. I created my account, logged in, and went on to installing HL2, CS:S, and a few other games. At the end of installing CS:S an activation pop-up came on. I put down the activating code and I got an error saying this code belongs to another steam account. Which was my old one. Is there a way to deactivate the code on my old account so I can us it on my new one?
try this.
"It's like they deep fried delicious goodness and squared it... into a triangle." (BloodShotRobot, PAX08 )
"[Optimus] Prime is like Jack Bauer without all the issues" (Redmond, AGI Episode 211)

Activating Games on Steam 10 years 10 months ago #355858

• Token White Guy
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 1
Digital*Firefly;355853 wrote: Too much of a hassle. I'll just buy them again for $5.