Forum

TOPIC: My First Overclock?

My First Overclock? 10 years 10 months ago #355506

• alexsan
  • Stage A - 1
I was wondering if I could get some help with overclocking my CPU. It's currently at 1.83GHz and I would like to bump it up.I've currently got * Processor Intel Core 2 Duo T5550 / 1.83 GHz * Multi-Core processor technology Dual-Core * 64-bit processor Yes * Data bus speed 667 MHz * Chipset type Mobile Intel PM965 Expressand I was wondering how I could overclock it, what the safe limit is, and if there is anything I would have to do to do it on a laptop (like cooling it)
XBL: Neezie1990PSN: sillycoreSteam: Neezie3DS: 3737-9522-5541
The administrator has disabled public write access.

My First Overclock? 10 years 10 months ago #355512

I'd definitely recommend that you do NOT overclock ANYTHING on a laptop. Laptops get hotter than PS3s easily (LOL), and making any component hotter could seriously damage your equipment. Also, if you're sitting it on your lap/table, melllllltt
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e20/kareeji/arrowheadsig.jpg?t=1268771428
Twitter: hifibryYoutube: kareeji

My First Overclock? 10 years 10 months ago #355517

No clue how the T5550 overclocks, so I can't say a safe limit. If there's any option for it in the BIOS, that would be the first place to start. Don't mess with the voltages, that's how you melt things.If it's on a laptop, make sure it's well ventilated.

My First Overclock? 10 years 10 months ago #355597

• Burr
  • Thank you received: 6
I wouldn't mess with such things on a laptop, if it even allows you to. Sure the Core 2 is a cool customer as far as CPUs go in general, but they tend to build laptops to a very particular temperature specification as it is so they don't need to drain the battery running fans all the time to keep things cool. Not to mention it's your first overclock. I'd play around with something easier that you wouldn't miss so much if it died first.
Co-host of Cat & Fox on AllGames.com!

My First Overclock? 10 years 10 months ago #356304

• Decipher
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 1
lol Overclocking a laptop.. SMART! Next lets cover all the vents with foam to make it quieter!