Forum

TOPIC: Help me customize my rig (Gurus wanted)

Help me customize my rig (Gurus wanted) 11 years 1 day ago #354170

• Nut_Man
  • Stage A - 1
Token White Guy;354164 wrote:
Well I can't build the thing myself. And I doubt some hillbilly in bum-fuck Alabama could either.
A couple people in this thread said that they would actually put it together for you, but I'm sure you could do it yourself. It's a little daunting at first but its not difficult. Everything you need to know is included in the instruction manuals provided with each component.If you do have someone put it together for you it would still be cheaper than what you posted originally. $800 for the PC+shipping/insurance back and forth(they might wanna get a little bit of money as well, i dunno) is still very cheap compared to $3500.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Help me customize my rig (Gurus wanted) 11 years 1 day ago #354173

• Burr
  • Thank you received: 6
Yeah. It's seriously not that difficult, especially compared to just a few years ago. Nowadays just about everything just plugs in and snaps into place. Before you'd have to deal with *gasp* screws.. And just because you're getting it prebuilt doesn't mean it has to be a god-like machine either. The added cost of it having it all setup for you shouldn't be more than another 100 bucks or so. Anyways, again, my original advice only applies if you're hellbent on what all of us deem to be spending way too much. I have a feeling you wouldn't even notice the difference between a $3500 and a $1000 build. I was just pointing out what would be a silly to forgo in such an endeavor. Funnydale's picks are solid.
Co-host of Cat & Fox on AllGames.com!

Help me customize my rig (Gurus wanted) 11 years 1 day ago #354175

Lower your RAM.Blu-Ray drive.Day ya go.
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e20/kareeji/arrowheadsig.jpg?t=1268771428
Twitter: hifibryYoutube: kareeji

Help me customize my rig (Gurus wanted) 11 years 1 day ago #354177

• C0lin
  • Stage A - 1
I'd seriously buy that parts and have them shipped to someone here to build it for you. Throw in $100 for the effort, some more for shipping, and bask in the glory of PC gaming and an extra $1500 left over. Yeah, it's going out on a limb, but I think everyone here is pretty stand up.

Help me customize my rig (Gurus wanted) 11 years 1 day ago #354179

• Funnydale
  • Level 8
Violence in HD;354175 wrote:
Lower your RAM.Blu-Ray drive.Day ya go.
Wrong and wrong.

Help me customize my rig (Gurus wanted) 11 years 1 day ago #354185

• JoEDigiTECH
  • Thank you received: 4
Not to sound like a complete old dood; Do you really need a $3500 computer. I got my roof for less than that.As for assembly, It's not that hard, I used to assemble PCs for work. There are plenty of guidance on the web (with pictures) that will walk you through.

Help me customize my rig (Gurus wanted) 11 years 1 day ago #354186

• Token White Guy
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 1
Thanks Funnydale. I'll do that. I got it down in the $2,000 region.

Help me customize my rig (Gurus wanted) 11 years 1 day ago #354188

Something I threw together; http://www.ibuypower.com/ibp/Store/Configurator.aspx?mid=378&c=1550992Should run anything you throw at it with ease. Those new i7 cores are wicked fast and the 4870 is still price:performance king right now.Go buy your speakers from newegg, amazon, buy, or some other online retailer. $55 for the x-240 is kinda weak. Same thing goes for the monitor, waaaay cheaper from any other online retailer.I would definitely recommend getting a Logitech G15 keyboard them with the rig, the Eclipse-II isn't anything special and that's not a bad price at all for the G15. As for mouse, go with the Copperhead, you won't regret it if you like twitch gaming. If you want comfort, get a G5 (or G9 if you want wireless), but don't get a G5 from them, $55 is pretty bad. I got mine for $25.I would get a X-FI sound card. It does make a difference, as much as people here are saying it doesn't. Not just in sound quality, but it takes the load off your CPU and puts it on the hardware of the sound card and increases frame rates in almost any game.The only HDD they have that has 32MB of cache is the 1.5 TB one, so I went with that for you. It makes a huge difference.The reason I went with the 920 is that those chips are ridiculous when it comes to overclocking. If you really want the extra performance that the 940 gives, you can get it there, and past what its stock speeds are. It really doesn't justify the extra $300.Just my $.02

Help me customize my rig (Gurus wanted) 11 years 1 day ago #354198

• Burr
  • Thank you received: 6
Eh from what I've read by most of the more snooty audio types, Creative sound cards and drivers still do a lot in software/CPU and don't really accelerate anything. It mostly sounds cleaner because its outputs are away from the interference of the motherboard. So if you're in the mindset of wanting something that "just works" instead of fighting your setup, it's something that can be done without. Then again I've never been a huge sound buff so..
Co-host of Cat & Fox on AllGames.com!

Help me customize my rig (Gurus wanted) 11 years 1 day ago #354199

• Token White Guy
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 1
I ordered it about 10 minutes ago. It should be at my door this coming thursday or friday. Thank you for the advice guys.