Forum

TOPIC: Graphics question

Graphics question 10 years 11 months ago #351840

What's it called when you're playing a PC game and you have a horizontal line splitting the screen in two and the top half and bottom half seem a frame or two off? I get it a lot on intro movies for games and sometimes during gameplay. Is there a setting I can change that would eliminate that?
"It's like they deep fried delicious goodness and squared it... into a triangle." (BloodShotRobot, PAX08 )
"[Optimus] Prime is like Jack Bauer without all the issues" (Redmond, AGI Episode 211)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Graphics question 10 years 11 months ago #351841

• GH33DA
  • Stage A - 1
Valleys Of NeptuneBuckFarack187;366915 wrote:
I don\'t even know why I still try.

Graphics question 10 years 11 months ago #351847

• Burr
  • Thank you received: 6
It's kind of funny. Vsync used to be turned ON by default in games, but when everyone started getting obsessed with their e-penis and framerates, OFF became the default. So yeah, flip it back ON if you're tired of tearing in your games.
Co-host of Cat & Fox on AllGames.com!

Graphics question 10 years 11 months ago #351928

• Ezekiel
  • Stage A - 1
Yup, Painkiller has no vysnc to speak of and the screen tearing is fucking MASSIVE in that game.Still love it, but goddamn where's my Vysnc feature?

Graphics question 10 years 11 months ago #352153

• R3quiem
  • Stage B - 3
sorry to hijack this, but i have a similar problem perhaps.My computer started acting up when i played games on it, or even when just browsing the internet or listening to music. At times it would slow down, A LOT, righ tto the point of almost freezing. Then i try to shut down the computer and it just sits at the shutting down screen forever. This owuld happen maybe twice a day for 3 days. Then one day when im playing my game, the screen starts to flicker a lot and i see green bars tearing through. Then my screen goes blank and my monitor says lost signal. Im pretty sure its my gfx card that died and not my mobo cause my music was still playing in the background when i lost visual. Is this a GFX Card problem? I hope so, in which i could just get a new one.

Graphics question 10 years 11 months ago #352219

• dcNate
  • Level 6
Yeah, that sounds like a video problem. Did it come back when you restarted the pc or is the video dead? Hopefully it wasn't that the card didn't have enough power from your power supply, but if you've been using it for a while without problems then it's probably just the card going south. You should be able to throw another card in and have it auto detect it when you restart - if you stick to the same major brand, (ATI, nVidia, etc) you could probably get away with it witout the drivers flipping out.