Forum

TOPIC: Star Wars: The Old Republic

Star Wars: The Old Republic 8 years 1 month ago #395849

• Octocamo
  • Stage A - 1
bumping a old ass thread.I got in the beta but can't get the launcher to work. Spent about 3 hours last night trying to get it to work. I get an internet explorer related error.
PSN: solisnkXBL: OctocamoSteam: OctocamoOrigin + Battlelog: Octocamo
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Star Wars: The Old Republic 8 years 1 month ago #395874

• Tulare
  • Stage A - 1
Wow, beta is already going? I got the e-mail for the pre-order opt-in, but I passed. Good to hear things are already rolling though, I'm hoping it doesn't come out around the same time as ME3, if so I will be late to SWTOR.Hope you get things working though, looking forward to hear what you think.

Star Wars: The Old Republic 8 years 1 month ago #395876

• alexsan
  • Stage A - 1
I really want to know if it's good or not
XBL: Neezie1990PSN: sillycoreSteam: Neezie3DS: 3737-9522-5541

Star Wars: The Old Republic 7 years 10 months ago #396242

• alexsan
  • Stage A - 1
I got into a weekend beta, anyone else get in?

Star Wars: The Old Republic 7 years 10 months ago #396275

I'm in it.
"It's like they deep fried delicious goodness and squared it... into a triangle." (BloodShotRobot, PAX08 )
"[Optimus] Prime is like Jack Bauer without all the issues" (Redmond, AGI Episode 211)

Star Wars: The Old Republic 7 years 10 months ago #396276

• alexsan
  • Stage A - 1
I liked what I played. It is a very typical MMO in every aspect except you get cinematics instead of the typical paragraph. I don't think it will take all my time, but seems like a fun game to pop in and out of.

Star Wars: The Old Republic 7 years 10 months ago #396278

• JoEDigiTECH
  • Thank you received: 4
alexsan;396276 wrote:
I liked what I played. It is a very typical MMO in every aspect except you get cinematics instead of the typical paragraph. I don't think it will take all my time, but seems like a fun game to pop in and out of.
I'm curious as to whether they (the developers) have hit the mark that they were looking for. It's Star Wars, is it supposed to be pop in and pop out?Also, it appears to me that everything outside of the original trilogy of movies is completely detached from what we really loved. It was about innocence lost, a naive pursuit to be something greater than one's self, finding your true purpose, and fighting for one's friends and family. Not some crazy mysticism of an era thrown together to give the original movies a deeper meaning. I don't care about ancient Jedi that got so damn pious that they forgot their purpose and eventually were destroyed by one of their own. Ok, I'm ranting but I don't see any value in anything Star Wars outside of A New Hope, Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi.Why should anyone play this game?

Star Wars: The Old Republic 7 years 10 months ago #396279

• TigerClaw
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 3
The Old Republic seems like a huge departure on everything Star Wars, Yes its Star Wars, But the only thing recognizable are the Jedi and Sith and the planets, Everything else is pretty much new. Is the game enough to attract fans of the originals and prequels? or this is aimed strictly at fans of the KOTOR games?

Star Wars: The Old Republic 7 years 10 months ago #396280

• alexsan
  • Stage A - 1
TigerClaw;396279 wrote:
The Old Republic seems like a huge departure on everything Star Wars, Yes its Star Wars, But the only thing recognizable are the Jedi and Sith and the planets, Everything else is pretty much new. Is the game enough to attract fans of the originals and prequels? or this is aimed strictly at fans of the KOTOR games?
I don't really know who this is supposed to target. From what I played it's not that KOTOR-y, and it doesn't feel that much like Star Wars either. I was a smuggler and played for about 3 hours so I can't really comment on the game, but despite the weird feel the game has I really had fun.

Star Wars: The Old Republic 7 years 9 months ago #396305

• Mayor Young
  • Administrator
I got to play in the beta this past weekend and I have to say I really liked what I saw. I only spent a few hours with it as a Zabrak Sith Inquisitor but it felt like the Old Republic to me, which is an era I really, really enjoy.Doesn't play like KOTOR though it does have a bit of the feel. I think where this game succeeds the most is in the narrative. That is what will keep me coming back to play this (provided I can afford it :-D) versus other MMO.