Forum

TOPIC: Time for a new monitor

Time for a new monitor 11 years 1 month ago #345874

So I finally decided to upgrade my 21 inch 3:4 CRT monitor to a 24 inch widescreen LCD monitor and settled on this one:http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824014177Seems solid. Good pricepoint, 11 out of 11 reviews were 5 star.Has HDMI built in for use with the XBOX.What do you guys think? I ordered it directly from the manufacturer for 399.99 with a special promo code that includes free shipping.
Is your crotch on fire? WHAT!? Bensaki reports Burning Bush is delayed. ... What the hell is that?!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Time for a new monitor 11 years 1 month ago #345880

I'm looking for a new monitor myself. Might get this. Money is a bit tight though right now. Of course I do have that NewEgg credit thing. Of course i'd have to spend $500 to get the don't pay for 6 months thing.
[gamercard]JimPatrick[/gamercard]"The future changes as we stand here, else we are the game pieces of the gods, not their heirs, as we have been promised.""Tanis comes to me for advice, not because I am a seer. He comes because I am able to think, which is something most of these other fools seem incapable of doing."-Raistlin

Pretty Good 11 years 1 month ago #345881

• pkjr92
  • Level 5
It looks like a pretty good monitor at a good price. Most prices I looked at put it at £300, so it looks like this offer is a deal.

Time for a new monitor 11 years 1 month ago #345885

• Ezekiel
  • Stage A - 1
Tell me if that does any good, because the CNET review seemed all around really positive. They said it wasnt super bright, but that the contrast ration matched 1000:1 perfectly. And from what I saw in the video, it would only not be bright under a lot of light. Which doesnt bother me at all, probably won't bother you much either.But still, tell me what you think of it when you get it!

Time for a new monitor 11 years 1 month ago #345886

Ezekiel;345885 wrote:
Tell me if that does any good, because the CNET review seemed all around really positive. They said it wasnt super bright, but that the contrast ration matched 1000:1 perfectly. And from what I saw in the video, it would only not be bright under a lot of light. Which doesnt bother me at all, probably won't bother you much either.But still, tell me what you think of it when you get it!
I'll post an update to this thread once I get it with a full review. I have a feeling I'm going to like it. I just hope my 3 (soon to be 4) year old doesn't put his hands all over it like he has been doing with my CRT.
Is your crotch on fire? WHAT!? Bensaki reports Burning Bush is delayed. ... What the hell is that?!

Time for a new monitor 11 years 1 month ago #346452

Okay so I got the monitor yesterday at 2 PM and pretty much lived on it until 11 PM. This thing is worth every penny. Colors look vibrant, the monitor is frikkin huge and there isn't one dead or stuck pixel to be found. I also hooked up my XBOX to the screen and it looks incredible. I played a bit of GW2, RB2, and BC:R and they were very crisp and clear.If you're in the market for a monitor, this is the one to get. I don't see how you could get a better monitor for less than 399.00. If you go to the benq website you can order direct from them with a promo code and get it tax/shipping free for 399.00. I ordered it on a Friday and it was at my house on Tuesday. I missed the first delivery so that's why I got it yesterday.In short, BUY THIS MONITOR NOW ZOMG.

Time for a new monitor 11 years 4 weeks ago #347958

Good stuff. I'll probably get one.
[gamercard]JimPatrick[/gamercard]"The future changes as we stand here, else we are the game pieces of the gods, not their heirs, as we have been promised.""Tanis comes to me for advice, not because I am a seer. He comes because I am able to think, which is something most of these other fools seem incapable of doing."-Raistlin

Time for a new monitor 11 years 4 weeks ago #347966

• Ezekiel
  • Stage A - 1
I actually checked a lot of reviews and heard a shitload of good things. If I can't find this Dell monitor I want for a decent price, I think I'll just go with this one. I doubt I'll be upset having it ;Dsounds good, broksiloski ;D