Forum

• Page:

TOPIC: Spore Getting Hammered with 1/5 Reviews on Amazon Due to Draconian DRM

Spore Getting Hammered with 1/5 Reviews on Amazon Due to Draconian DRM 11 years 2 months ago #342384

• eswat
  • Stage A - 1
Remember all that crap regarding the book author on FOX News that ratted on Mass Effect? Where gamers took vigilante vengeance and reviewed her book poorly on Amazon?Now it's happening to Spore, due to the DRM.What's your thoughts on this?Personally, I can't stand the morons that post reviews on Amazon without actually trying the product (that includes the people in the FOX News/Mass Effect fiasco). I think enough people who have actually played Spore will mention the DRM. So let them talk about their experience, and take your virtual-picketing bullshit to a gaming forum, or better yet, write directly to EA.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Spore Getting Hammered with 1/5 Reviews on Amazon Due to Draconian DRM 11 years 2 months ago #342425

• Decipher
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 1
I was under the impression that the DRM was pretty lax. I thought you could put it on up to 3 computers at a time, and if it's uninstalled on one, it can go on another so long as the total never surmounts 3.

Spore Getting Hammered with 1/5 Reviews on Amazon Due to Draconian DRM 11 years 2 months ago #342432

• Ezekiel
  • Stage A - 1
What sucks is I have games that I've installed on 3 computers already, and don't plan on stopping playing them anytime soon (unreal gold, delta force 2, etc) so if I felt the same way about Spore, then wtf do I do then?Either way, I'm sure someone will crack it just fine and in the end anyone who cares about DRM will find a way passed it.I'm still trying to decide if there's enough game there to make me want to buy it.

Spore Getting Hammered with 1/5 Reviews on Amazon Due to Draconian DRM 11 years 2 months ago #342438

• Decipher
  • Stage A - 1
You put your games on more than 3 machines at once? Then you should be buying more than one copy! Sheesh! I'll be putting it on my main PC, my Macbook, and most likely my new box I'm in the planning stages of but may just sell off the CPU I got for cheap and upgrade the graphics card on my current box. Run on sentences ftw!

Spore Getting Hammered with 1/5 Reviews on Amazon Due to Draconian DRM 11 years 2 months ago #342456

• Ezekiel
  • Stage A - 1
I thought they just detected "okay he's put it one machine. okay, he put it another.. alright and another. thats it, never let him use it on any other machine again."I didn't think it was a "can only play on 3 machines at a TIME" thing. which, if you think about it, doesn't make sense. because you'd need 3 discs running on all 3 systems to have it work.yeah, yeah it's definitely not the way you're thinking about it. unless I read you wrong.

Spore Getting Hammered with 1/5 Reviews on Amazon Due to Draconian DRM 11 years 2 months ago #342460

• Token White Guy
  • Stage A - 1
DRM sucks in general. No matter how hard they try someone will also make a crack for it. The only people they are hurting is themselves and their legit customers.

Spore Getting Hammered with 1/5 Reviews on Amazon Due to Draconian DRM 11 years 2 months ago #342522

• eswat
  • Stage A - 1
It's max 3 installations. Period (before you contact EA Support).They aren't using the old BioShock model where you freed up an installation if you uninstalled the game.

Spore Getting Hammered with 1/5 Reviews on Amazon Due to Draconian DRM 11 years 2 months ago #342569

• Decipher
  • Stage A - 1
Well, as for playing without the disc, it's entirely possible as I'm doing so currently.

Spore Getting Hammered with 1/5 Reviews on Amazon Due to Draconian DRM 11 years 2 months ago #342582

Fuck buying a separate copy for each machine that you want to play the game you OWN on, fuck 3 installations and then customer support, and fuck anybody who supports that bullshit.
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e20/kareeji/arrowheadsig.jpg?t=1268771428
Twitter: hifibryYoutube: kareeji

Spore Getting Hammered with 1/5 Reviews on Amazon Due to Draconian DRM 11 years 2 months ago #342584

• Ezekiel
  • Stage A - 1
DRM actually fucked with me when I got Crysis. A legitimate buy and I couldn't play it for whatever reason. So what did I do? I resorted to a crack of the .exe file so that I could play the game I fucking bought.So yeah, fuck DRM.
  • Page: