Forum

TOPIC: Crysis - Unable to authenticate original disc within time limit

Crysis - Unable to authenticate original disc within time limit 11 years 2 months ago #341883

• Ezekiel
  • Stage A - 1
Unable to authenticate original disc within time limit.This is what I keep getting everytime I try to play Crysis. I have everything installed, a completely legit copy and everything, but it won't fucking play because of this SecuROM bullshit.I've heard of 2 things that can cause this:1. If I have a virtual drive installed: I did have Daemon Tools installed, but I got rid of it and I'm still getting the message.2. Sometimes SecuROM stuff has problems with SATA harddrives: Not sure how true this one is, but I have a SATA harddrive and I can't think of anything else.I have no idea what to do, and it's kind of putting a big hamper on my night given this was the one game that would really push my PC.Halp? :/
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Crysis - Unable to authenticate original disc within time limit 11 years 2 months ago #341885

• eswat
  • Stage A - 1
Try to give the disc a good scruff/cleaning. I know the SecuROM bullshit will pop up some of the time, until I clean the disc a bit.

Crysis - Unable to authenticate original disc within time limit 11 years 2 months ago #341898

• Ezekiel
  • Stage A - 1
Found out a way to fix it.Thread over.Thanks tho, elusive :P

Crysis - Unable to authenticate original disc within time limit 11 years 2 months ago #341901

• Bloodburn
  • Level 10
I had the same problem when i went to re-install the game a while ago, but totally forgot how to fix it.Required about 3 hours of google searching for the answer lol.Got it fixed and installed all my custom realism mods. Love the game.

Crysis - Unable to authenticate original disc within time limit 11 years 2 months ago #341902

• Ezekiel
  • Stage A - 1
A lot of people bashed the balls out of it, but I'm having an absolute blast. And once I download the sandbox editor, I'll be having twice the blast.

Crysis - Unable to authenticate original disc within time limit 11 years 2 months ago #341950

• Bloodburn
  • Level 10
Yea, and if you like this, far cry 2 will blow it away. Making any tree and every branch destructable, not just palm trees.every building. 31sq mile game area non linier. Its crysis evolvoed