Forum

TOPIC: Help with upgrading

Problems with running games 11 years 2 months ago #340920

• alexsan
  • Stage A - 1
Gene Starwind;340907 wrote:
That Antec power supply would be fine for you and has a good deal on it right now. You shouldn't go cheap on a PSU unless you like to gamble with your rig.G.Skill makes some nice RAM.OCZ has some that's a little more expensive but a little faster.
Thanks, I now know all the parts I'm going to use and everything seems to be working out. I am going to use the little birthday money I have left and my own savings and hopefully have this thing upgraded in less than a month. I just need to find a place that can swap the parts for me, because I have no idea how to do that. Also does anyone have any unused newegg coupons they aren't using :)
XBL: Neezie1990PSN: sillycoreSteam: Neezie3DS: 3737-9522-5541
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Problems with running games 11 years 2 months ago #340961

• alexsan
  • Stage A - 1
Does anyone know a good place to take a PC to get the new parts installed? I checked circuit city and it could be up to 70 dollars there and best buy didn't have their price listed. With the service the total price of the upgrade could be 300 dollars

Problems with running games 11 years 2 months ago #340962

• Nut_Man
  • Stage A - 1
All the parts come with instructions on how to install it. But if you really don't wanna do that then I would suggest a local computer repair place or store. They would probably do it for less than circuit city or best buy. You also would most likely have someone who knows what they're doing installing the components rather than some moron at best buy.

Problems with running games 11 years 2 months ago #340964

• alexsan
  • Stage A - 1
Nut_Man;340962 wrote:
All the parts come with instructions on how to install it. But if you really don't wanna do that then I would suggest a local computer repair place or store. They would probably do it for less than circuit city or best buy. You also would most likely have someone who knows what they're doing installing the components rather than some moron at best buy.
I was watching videos on howtodostuff and I thought "oh hell yeah I could do this" right until I got to the power supply.

Problems with running games 11 years 2 months ago #340999

• Decipher
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 1
It's really not as hard as it seems, but most computer shops in my area charge around $40 for assembly when you buy all the parts from them. Not sure what it'd if the parts were brought in. Just giving you a ballpark figure though.Also, I totally second the thing about getting a good power supply. A lot of system builders I know would argue that it's the single most important part of the entire computer. If ANY part gets dirty power from a bad PS, it can toast on you.

Problems with running games 11 years 2 months ago #341029

• alexsan
  • Stage A - 1
I'm kind of proud, my dad was worried about me buying from a website so he said "we'll just get the parts from best buy". I went online and did the math and the cost difference was almost 300 dollars.

Problems with running games 11 years 2 months ago #341045

• alexsan
  • Stage A - 1
I talked to my dad some more about this, and he said that since I am going to college next year we might buy a laptop and upgrade the video card. I think its this he was talking about.

Problems with running games 11 years 2 months ago #341048

• Nut_Man
  • Stage A - 1
I don't think you can upgrade the video card in a laptop.

Problems with running games 11 years 2 months ago #341049

• eswat
  • Stage A - 1
Nut_Man;341048 wrote:
I don't think you can upgrade the video card in a laptop.
You can on some newer laptops. Good luck finding the actual video cards, though.

Problems with running games 11 years 2 months ago #341052

• Token White Guy
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 1
HP laptops are getting old. I saw some company on TV selling Sony HD Bluray laptops for a thousand dollars.