Forum

TOPIC: ATTN: IMPORTANT!!! Getting new PC next week. Need some opinions!!

ATTN: IMPORTANT!!! Getting new PC next week. Need some opinions!! 11 years 2 months ago #341186

• alexsan
  • Stage A - 1
Ezekiel;341180 wrote:
twin sisters. im adding you on steam so when we both have our new computers, we can TF2 it up with the best of them (and when we do, ill be considered one of the best of them 8) )
My pc can play it now on really low settings so we can play whenevah
XBL: Neezie1990PSN: sillycoreSteam: Neezie3DS: 3737-9522-5541
The administrator has disabled public write access.

ATTN: IMPORTANT!!! Getting new PC next week. Need some opinions!! 11 years 2 months ago #341206

• Ezekiel
  • Stage A - 1
Mine too, but if we play, don't expect me to do anything for the first few minutes while it hitches, and after that don't expect me to be a huge winner for the team. the performance lag really kills any chance of building skill in the game i can have :P

ATTN: IMPORTANT!!! Getting new PC next week. Need some opinions!! 11 years 2 months ago #341210

• alexsan
  • Stage A - 1
I got a new laptop. Its a gateway, has 4GB ram, a geforce 8800 M GTS, 320 hdd, but the only downside is the kind of slow 1.83 ghz intel centrino.
XBL: Neezie1990PSN: sillycoreSteam: Neezie3DS: 3737-9522-5541

ATTN: IMPORTANT!!! Getting new PC next week. Need some opinions!! 11 years 2 months ago #341649

• Ezekiel
  • Stage A - 1
Gah, that might bottleneck a lot of your game playing. Because that card should be more than capable of running Crysis at a decent clip with everything on medium and some stuff on high. I have a friend who has a similar setup but with 2GB of Ram and an 8600 card, and its a laptop too, and he runs Crysis no problem.And I have my front door open (glass door is closed,) so I can make sure I know the instant this guy comes with my computer.FedEx says its on the truck right now, driving around town, waiting to come into my arms. I'll update all of the service packs and download all of the important programs first, but I'll soon have my computer up and running. So psyched :D In a really good mood.

ATTN: IMPORTANT!!! Getting new PC next week. Need some opinions!! 11 years 2 months ago #341653

• C0lin
  • Stage A - 1
Nothing like the anticipation of a new toy being delivered to your home.

ATTN: IMPORTANT!!! Getting new PC next week. Need some opinions!! 11 years 2 months ago #341718

• Ezekiel
  • Stage A - 1
Well, it got here at 1pm central time and after messing with it for about 5 hours or so, with 30 minutes of that going to installing and playing oblivion, I've finally got it running perfectly.My only problems were getting the sound to work (simple speakers recognition, tho i seem to have problems getting fraps to record sound now), worrying my monitor wasnt gonna hook up right (its from 2000, so the plug is different, but then i found they shipped me 2 adapters for it :P so im all good for now), the cd tray was unplugged so i could use the cd tray until i opened the case and replugged it, but that helped me when i needed to go buy a wireless card (50 easy bucks) and plugged it into a PCI slot.All in all, while there was some stress involved because of my excitement, everything is pretty much fine. And I even convinced an ibuypower guy to send me another set of these speakers. Not the best speakers in the world, but getting another set for free should awesome.Also, every single game I've installed (Oblivion, Unreal Tournament 3, Team Fortress 2) runs with absolutely everything maxed and they run like a dream. TF2 being the most absolutely amazing.I'm so happy right now I could shit myself.But I'm too busy setting up my comp.Screens tomorrow! Also, pics of it in my room. Having such an awesome time right now :D

ATTN: IMPORTANT!!! Getting new PC next week. Need some opinions!! 11 years 2 months ago #341722

glad to hear it. i'll be building a new pc myself too thanks to my new job.and, out of curiosity, what kind of monitor do you have right now (brand, model)?

ATTN: IMPORTANT!!! Getting new PC next week. Need some opinions!! 11 years 2 months ago #341758

• Nut_Man
  • Stage A - 1
Congrats ezekiel. Glad you got everything working.

ATTN: IMPORTANT!!! Getting new PC next week. Need some opinions!! 11 years 2 months ago #341759

• Ezekiel
  • Stage A - 1
thanks guys, my monitor right now is this extremely old HP monitor. says "HP Pavilion mx75"It's only a 15incher, but my next batch of money is definitely going towards the new Dell monitor I've been looking at soon as possible. I just hope that thing manages to fit on my desk without too much trouble.

ATTN: IMPORTANT!!! Getting new PC next week. Need some opinions!! 11 years 2 months ago #341774

I'm so happy for you dude. I remember when I got my Alienware in the mail about 4 years ago. Brings me back. I know exactly how you're feeling.
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e20/kareeji/arrowheadsig.jpg?t=1268771428
Twitter: hifibryYoutube: kareeji