Forum

TOPIC: ATTN: IMPORTANT!!! Getting new PC next week. Need some opinions!!

ATTN: IMPORTANT!!! Getting new PC next week. Need some opinions!! 11 years 2 months ago #340985

• Nut_Man
  • Stage A - 1
IQC means something about quality control. Burn in test:
Burn-in is a test performed for the purpose of screening or eliminating marginal devices, those with inherent defects or defects resulting from manufacturing aberrations which cause time and stress dependent failures
Btw I was looking on some consumer review sites and I am seeing more positive reviews lately for ibuypower. Link For the past 6 months they have a rating of 8 out of 10. The lifetime rating is 6 out of 10. To me this indicates that ibuypower must be doing something to correct the mistakes they made in the past.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

ATTN: IMPORTANT!!! Getting new PC next week. Need some opinions!! 11 years 2 months ago #340987

• Ezekiel
  • Stage A - 1
:D I'm excited then. Glad to see they're testing for defects and that that engineer guy found the wiring to be solid.Now I gotta play the waiting game. With Castle Crashers, that's all the easier.

ATTN: IMPORTANT!!! Getting new PC next week. Need some opinions!! 11 years 2 months ago #340991

• Rook
  • Level 6
Ezekiel;340982 wrote:
And I appreciate the optimism, but I prefer honesty to sugar coating :P
Nobody here wants, or would like you to throw away money at a faulty computer. I'm not trying to sugar coat things either, I'm actually very interested at how things turn out for you. I had considered buying from Ibuypower in the past, but didn't because I needed a computer 'right now', and may very well may be buying from them in the future. I read the Reseller Ratings that Nutman has posted too, and back then (4 years ago), it was along the same lines.But really, I wouldn't sweat it. Best case scenario? Everything works great. Worst case? Dead part, and you have to deal with their customer support, or decide to replace it from Newegg, or someone from this forum helps you get things on the right track. Worstest part? I look like a retard, but I can live with that. I'll still own you noob!

ATTN: IMPORTANT!!! Getting new PC next week. Need some opinions!! 11 years 2 months ago #341000

• Decipher
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 1
Best guess is IQC means Initial Quality Control, since it's before the Burn-in.

ATTN: IMPORTANT!!! Getting new PC next week. Need some opinions!! 11 years 2 months ago #341046

Rook;340979 wrote:
Leaning towards building my own, but if not I'll hook you up! :)I'm not sure what Ezekiel is planning on doing with his older comp, or what his level of computer know-how is. But an older computer you really don't give a shit about is a great learning tool. Crack it open, find out where everything goes, overclock/tweak it til it sets on fire, whatever. Still remember the first computer I ever used. Didn't know a damn thing about computers when I first started using it, but by the time I retired it, I had done things to it that were illegal in 15 states.
nah its cool , i was in talks with Ezekiel sometime back in June to build his Pc for him and was able to quote him for about the same price as IBUYPOWER but with a few differences. Differences like it had a better keyboard , mouse , Speakers , ram , ect. But by looking at this thread i guess IBUY was better suited for his needs in the end. No big deal , i hope it he likes it. Its just I personally dont really like IBUYPOWER cause they tend to be misleading to people that dont know alot computers. About 6-8 months ago i stumbled across there site and they where selling " Budget " gaming Pc's for 400-500 dollars. These pc's where equipped 1 gig of low performing , high latnecy , value ram and came with 8400-8500 nvidia graphics cards...........which are not gaming cards by any means. Even the 8600's have a hard time playing a lot modern games with higher settings ( even medium settings in some cases ). I think the more appropriate label these systems should have got was budget "Desktop" not "gaming" Pc's.
[gamercard]Pendragoon99[/gamercard] [psnid]Pendragoon99[/psnid]

ATTN: IMPORTANT!!! Getting new PC next week. Need some opinions!! 11 years 2 months ago #341096

• Ezekiel
  • Stage A - 1
So it's being shipped via FedEx right now. Best I can hope for is they don't do what I did at UPS and kick the big boxes that like to topple over a lot... *ahem*Kind of upset that the estimated ship date is Sept. 3rd (next wednesday) but whatever. That's actually one day exactly before my birthday, so it'll be a nice gift :D. Gotta try and get that day off next week.

ATTN: IMPORTANT!!! Getting new PC next week. Need some opinions!! 11 years 2 months ago #341129

• alexsan
  • Stage A - 1
Ezekiel;341096 wrote:
Kind of upset that the estimated ship date is Sept. 3rd (next wednesday) but whatever.
and 2 days after mine! *high five*
XBL: Neezie1990PSN: sillycoreSteam: Neezie3DS: 3737-9522-5541

ATTN: IMPORTANT!!! Getting new PC next week. Need some opinions!! 11 years 2 months ago #341170

• Ezekiel
  • Stage A - 1
oh snap dizzles, you're getting a new pc?!I haven't been keeping up in your thread, i'm guessing I missed a bunch..

ATTN: IMPORTANT!!! Getting new PC next week. Need some opinions!! 11 years 2 months ago #341179

• alexsan
  • Stage A - 1
Ezekiel;341170 wrote:
oh snap dizzles, you're getting a new pc?!I haven't been keeping up in your thread, i'm guessing I missed a bunch..
oh shits I cut out the wrong part, the birthday thing. But I may be getting a laptop from ibuypower so we will almost be like twins?
XBL: Neezie1990PSN: sillycoreSteam: Neezie3DS: 3737-9522-5541

ATTN: IMPORTANT!!! Getting new PC next week. Need some opinions!! 11 years 2 months ago #341180

• Ezekiel
  • Stage A - 1
twin sisters. im adding you on steam so when we both have our new computers, we can TF2 it up with the best of them (and when we do, ill be considered one of the best of them 8) )