Forum

TOPIC: Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures

Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures 11 years 6 months ago #325614

• eswat
  • Stage A - 1
My AoC folder is around 26GB.I've ran PerfectDisk twice (complete defrags), and it still tells me I need a 3rd pass. X_X
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures 11 years 6 months ago #325657

• Octocamo
  • Stage A - 1
Hahahah.Good thing I decided to get a 500gb harddrive for new rig. Should I get the special edition if I can find it? I kinda want the drinking cape thing and a bad ass map.
PSN: solisnkXBL: OctocamoSteam: OctocamoOrigin + Battlelog: Octocamo

Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures 11 years 6 months ago #325726

• EvilWall
  • Stage A - 1
I'll have to get a get a second HDD.
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures 11 years 6 months ago #325982

• eswat
  • Stage A - 1
I'm one of 400,000 suckers that decided to play a MMO on launch ;Phttp://www.joystiq.com/2008/05/26/age-of-conan-celebrates-400-000-players/I need to meet this NPC:

Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures 11 years 6 months ago #326034

• IcoDormin
  • Level 1
So hows the game? What's the subscription fee to play online? I thought I heard something about a fee for the Xbox version. You guys know anything about that? Crom I wish I could play this.

Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures 11 years 6 months ago #326217

• EvilWall
  • Stage A - 1
Yes, do tell!
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures 11 years 6 months ago #326232

• Kropotkin
  • Level 6
Here's my take on AoC:The game starts you off in a small island where you learn your class within a newbit area where everyone is level 1-19. During the day in the game can be played multiplayer with others by doing the starting quests that litter the island. Like all MMO's they follow the 'kill 10 of x beast and bring back some junk they drop'. Most quests can be done solo however some are geared towards groups only.At night in the game you enter a single player only world. It is somewhat like play Oblivion or The Witcher in that you are entirely on your own. The major difference of course is that you can't pause or save the game! It is actually required by all players to complete this single player section of the game otherwise they cannot leave the starting island.Once completed you leave the island into the game proper. At this point the full world of AoC opens up to the player. The starting city of the player's character's home town so to speak. The beginning island acts as a training mode to get players into understanding how to play their character. It does its job well but it does feel very claustrophobic to the point when you hit level 17 you are really wanting to leave. Sadly you cannot do that until you hit 19 as that is when the 'final battle' quest opens up to you.In the world beyond 19ville things are pretty much the same as that in the island other than that it is quite vast. There are people of level 40-50 or so with mounts the most impressive of which is the mammoth. Those things are just huge.Anyway the quests in the 19+ world are much the same as those in the island. You kill x mobs and maybe pick up an item or two. There is also the odd collection quest by picking up items on the ground. Whats odd about these is that when you character picks them up they laugh and chuckle. They must be easily amused in the land of Hyboria.AoC is an MMO with the normal trappings that genre has. Level grind, generic quests and the relentless goal of getting better gear. What sets it apart is that its the best looking one out there and the combat has an element of dynamism to it. You can flank creatures and change your attack directions based on markers that appear around creatures.What I'm intrigued about is the end game. As a well seasoned WoW end game player I know how that works but I just can't see how AoC will handle the likes of boss fights. WoW has very strictly choreographed engagements where as AoC combat is frenetic and chaotic in nature. I just can't see the finesse that WoW has being demonstrated in AoC.I'll post more when I get further in. So far my priest is only a level 21 nubkin...
XBL Tag: Kropotkin

Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures 11 years 6 months ago #326261

• EvilWall
  • Stage A - 1
Does this game cost extra through XBL? If so, how much? Can I buy a year subscription for el-cheapo?

Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures 11 years 6 months ago #326283

• Octocamo
  • Stage A - 1
gonna pick this up tomorrow, will probably run like shit till new rig is built.
PSN: solisnkXBL: OctocamoSteam: OctocamoOrigin + Battlelog: Octocamo

Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures 11 years 6 months ago #326289

• Ezekiel
  • Stage A - 1
So is it worth picking up or should we just wait for Champions Online?