Forum

TOPIC: AudioSurf

AudioSurf 11 years 10 months ago #312405

• Octocamo
  • Stage A - 1
Source: WikipediaAudiosurf is an IGF award-nominated puzzle - rhythm hybrid game created by Invisible Handlebar. Its stages visually mimic the music the player chooses, while the player races down these stages collecting colored blocks synchronized with the music.http://www.audio-surf.com/Their site is fucked up right now I think, but hopefully it will be back.I suck at it, but it's great fun so far. Looks promising. Here's the Bobby Blackwolf Show theme being played on ninja mono elite (highest level for single color)You can play most formats of music as long as they're not super long. Only errors I've had was trying to load an hour long techno song, it crashed. It might be because of the beta version. I think it's going to retail for ~$20 when it's fully released. If it releases on Steam, it'd be bad ass for them because of all the exposure they'd get as an independent company. Look up other videos on youtube; there's tons that show it off.
PSN: solisnkXBL: OctocamoSteam: OctocamoOrigin + Battlelog: Octocamo
The administrator has disabled public write access.

AudioSurf 11 years 10 months ago #312406

• Blackwolf
  • Stage A - 1
I actually tried it since I'm going to be covering all of the IGF finalists. My demo already expired after 5 songs. :<The weird thing for me is that I don't get the full graphics - it gave me wireframe with a white background. It looks nothing like the video you posted. Not sure if that's a bug or not.I downloaded it from the IGF Audience Award voting page.
"Blackwolf tends to offend the same people all the time, he\'s got such a pattern it\'s almost funny. The whole spammer/think I\'m smart/argueing for arguement\'s sake clan tends to always end up at odds with Blackwolf." -BamBam

AudioSurf 11 years 10 months ago #312408

• Octocamo
  • Stage A - 1
Blackwolf;312406 wrote:
I actually tried it since I'm going to be covering all of the IGF finalists. My demo already expired after 5 songs. :<The weird thing for me is that I don't get the full graphics - it gave me wireframe with a white background. It looks nothing like the video you posted. Not sure if that's a bug or not.I downloaded it from the IGF Audience Award voting page.
In the options you can switch to wireframe mode I think. Game looks sweet at 1680X1050. The AA settings don't really do much but make it lag. You don't really see any jaggies anyways. Youtube doesn't do it's justice.I'm using a beta and it's on the something awful's servers to login I think. My brother gave it to me since he's the one that found it. Since the beta ended in January, I set my month back on my PC to January and it works. :/
PSN: solisnkXBL: OctocamoSteam: OctocamoOrigin + Battlelog: Octocamo

AudioSurf 11 years 9 months ago #314196

Awesome game. My name on it is DigitalFirefly. What's everyone else's so we can compare scores.
"It's like they deep fried delicious goodness and squared it... into a triangle." (BloodShotRobot, PAX08 )
"[Optimus] Prime is like Jack Bauer without all the issues" (Redmond, AGI Episode 211)

AudioSurf 11 years 9 months ago #314239

I've had the press version for a video review I'm releasing this week, and I must say, it's pretty damn sweet. I just got a state tax refund of $13, so I might buy the full version sometime soon.

AudioSurf 11 years 9 months ago #314247

• R3quiem
  • Stage B - 3
KiddoInflamesThis game is awesome!

AudioSurf 11 years 9 months ago #314333

• Ezekiel
  • Stage A - 1
im really thinking of picking this up whenever i pick up the Orange Box for PC sometime.i just downloaded the demo to see if it would even run on my pc, and luckily it did. also just found out that TF2 will run on my PC :D but, thats another story.either way, playing Satellite by Kiss Kiss was amazing. the way they build the levels to bump and turn and dip to the song works insanely well, especially for how fast it generates the song levels.

AudioSurf 11 years 9 months ago #314437

• eswat
  • Stage A - 1
Mr ElusiveWell worth the $10.

AudioSurf 11 years 9 months ago #314491

• Lord Moon
  • Stage A - 1
Grabbed the demo and just before leaving for work installed it and played one song in the tutorial. "The Lumberjack" by Jackyl. Stupid fun FTW. :D

AudioSurf 11 years 9 months ago #314504

• eswat
  • Stage A - 1
Crappy video quality, but whatever: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6lRiKRdEIQ