Forum

TOPIC: The Witcher

The Witcher 12 years 2 days ago #299678

I've been having a lot of fun with this one and it could be something of a sleeper hit. If you can get past the learning curve for the combat system and have the patience for long loads, it's well worth your time especially if you're the type of RPGer that wants a lot of story/dialogue to go with their gameplay. Pros:- detailed game world- huge story- no alignment; only shades of grey- lots of side quests- deep customization of main character- great swordplayCons:- long ass load times; seriously, Oblivion has better load times than this game- crashes, even with the patch- saves don't overwrite- mixes in modern language within a fantasy environment; not as flavored as PlanescapeAll in all, definitely worth your time on the PC if you're waiting for the next Oblivion, Fallout 3, or can't wait for Mass Effect. Youtube has a bunch of videos on the game already and here's a clip from my gameplay:http://youtube.com/watch?v=2tex66glpRgAnd a few screens (1600x1200):
There are dismemberments. Just not in this picture, sorry.
Someone's father wasn't happy to see Geralt. Too bad for him.
If James Bond lived in the Dark Ages, he might have been something like Geralt
[gamercard]Dungeonbuster[/gamercard]Random mumblings at World 1-1
The administrator has disabled public write access.

The Witcher 11 years 11 months ago #301069

Nice mini review, I like the look of this one. I'm surprised that is has slipped under the radar of most people as not may have mentioned this game. Mostly very positive reviews from what I've seen too.
Wii Code: 7582-1250-9302-3446 Mario Kart Wii: 3437-3369-6161 PSN Name: GunstarSilver Steam ID: GunstarSilver

The Witcher 11 years 11 months ago #301094

That Games for Windows guy Jeff Green has been singing the praises of this game as well.I might just have to get it. Based off of a Book I think he said and that's why the story is so good.
[gamercard]JimPatrick[/gamercard]"The future changes as we stand here, else we are the game pieces of the gods, not their heirs, as we have been promised.""Tanis comes to me for advice, not because I am a seer. He comes because I am able to think, which is something most of these other fools seem incapable of doing."-Raistlin

The Witcher 11 years 11 months ago #301171

• Spilner
  • Level 10
I didn't even know about this game until I heard the soundtrack. I definitely need to get this game now.
Metal Gear Solid 4: GOTP -- Tactical Espionage ActionMetal Gear -- 20 Years of Service & Entertainmentコナミ株式会社©

The Witcher 11 years 3 weeks ago #347560

• eswat
  • Stage A - 1
I know some of you have picked up the Enhanced Edition. So how are your adventures going?I never got to beat the original, so I restarted when I upgraded to EE (probably put in 20 hours previously, so not much lost). I'm at Chapter 2 again.Going to try to beat the game somewhat more hastely than before, so I can replay it again with the Polish voices. I'm playing on hard now, but ironically I'm finding it easier than medium, since you're pushed to use Signs and Alchemy more. Chapter 1 spoiler:
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
I'm also reading the book, The Last Wish. Maybe when I finish that and the game, I might get into using Djinii and write some story modules.If you haven't picked it up yet, and have a rig that can run it, you should. One of the best RPGs I've played in a long while.