Forum

TOPIC: Allgames Steam Community

Allgames Steam Community 12 years 5 months ago #293064

• Yama86
  • Level 8
Digital*Firefly;293049 wrote: I think I can be there. Although Mrs Yama and I really need to go to the grocery. I don't think she's going to go for saltines and ketchup again......... :D
It\'s such a fine line between stupid, and clever. --David St. Hubbins
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Allgames Steam Community 12 years 5 months ago #293065

Yama86;293064 wrote:
I think I can be there. Although Mrs Yama and I really need to go to the grocery. I don't think she's going to go for saltines and ketchup again......... :D
I'm sure people will be playing til atleast midnight. Hopefully I get mine working.
"It's like they deep fried delicious goodness and squared it... into a triangle." (BloodShotRobot, PAX08 )
"[Optimus] Prime is like Jack Bauer without all the issues" (Redmond, AGI Episode 211)

Allgames Steam Community 12 years 5 months ago #293085

I will surely be there with my medic :) Also, I've been looking at hosted ventrilo servers, and they really aren't that bad as far as price goes. Typefrag has a 25 person server for $12 a month. I could swing that no problem, and would be happy to donate it to the community if you guys are interested. This game seems like it would be so much more fun with voice.
[HTML][/HTML]

Allgames Steam Community 12 years 5 months ago #293086

SeymourBewty;293085 wrote:
I will surely be there with my medic :) Also, I've been looking at hosted ventrilo servers, and they really aren't that bad as far as price goes. Typefrag has a 25 person server for $12 a month. I could swing that no problem, and would be happy to donate it to the community if you guys are interested. This game seems like it would be so much more fun with voice.
Steam has built in voice chat. If we're playing on a private server it should be no problem just using that.
"It's like they deep fried delicious goodness and squared it... into a triangle." (BloodShotRobot, PAX08 )
"[Optimus] Prime is like Jack Bauer without all the issues" (Redmond, AGI Episode 211)

Allgames Steam Community 12 years 5 months ago #293092

I don't really like the way Steam uses voice chat. They don't give you any options for your mic other than volume control. Vent lets you choose the device you want to use, and with Steam it has to be whatever is set default in windows. I like hearing all the game audio through my speakers and having voice chat come in through my headset, but thats just me being picky. Also, we can use it for other things besides TF2.
[HTML][/HTML]

Allgames Steam Community 12 years 5 months ago #293093

It's your money , go nuts :)

Allgames Steam Community 12 years 5 months ago #293101

• Yama86
  • Level 8
Well count me out for a few days. I did the preload over the weekend, but today I found that I got one of the botched downloads. I deleted TF2 and tried to download it again. At first I was getting 300-400 kb/s, then it locked up my machine and I had to reboot. Now I get a whopping 10 kb/s.I'll try again in a few days after they get all their server shit straightened out.
It\'s such a fine line between stupid, and clever. --David St. Hubbins

Allgames Steam Community 12 years 5 months ago #293130

• Octocamo
  • Stage A - 1
Game is so bad ass. Too bad some people aren't able to get it running stable :(
PSN: solisnkXBL: OctocamoSteam: OctocamoOrigin + Battlelog: Octocamo

Allgames Steam Community 12 years 5 months ago #293134

The Matrix;293130 wrote:
Game is so bad ass. Too bad some people aren't able to get it running stable :(
Can't wait for retail. They should have all the bugs ironed out by then. Matrix, next time we play let's try the medic/mg combo. It'd probably be easier on the vent server too.

Allgames Steam Community 12 years 5 months ago #293137

• Octocamo
  • Stage A - 1
I don't really understand what those guys were doing. I didn't play the medic class but, what's this about being invincible? I don't really like HW guy cause he walks so damn slow. :/ Yeah, hopefully I get my new headset tomorrow so we can use seymours vent server. I'm up for any combo. I personally like the Engineer...upgraded turrets ftw.
PSN: solisnkXBL: OctocamoSteam: OctocamoOrigin + Battlelog: Octocamo