Forum

TOPIC: Rage

Rage 12 years 2 months ago #287165

• eswat
  • Stage A - 1
An id game that's not just about shooting demons or Strogg in the face?! BLASPHEMY!http://kotaku.com/gaming/clips/rage-285996.php
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Rage 12 years 2 months ago #287167

• EvilWall
  • Stage A - 1
Ooo, purdy modeling!
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Rage 12 years 2 months ago #287169

lawls iD actually made an engine this time around.
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e20/kareeji/arrowheadsig.jpg?t=1268771428
Twitter: hifibryYoutube: kareeji

Rage 12 years 2 months ago #287172

Wow, looks a bit different from Doom and Quake. I like it.

Rage 12 years 2 months ago #287189

• SageClaw
  • Stage B - 3
So someone at id watched Blade Runner, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome and the Pod Race sequence from Star Wars.Even though the tech of the demo was impressive, the art direction part of it just seemed like a mishmash of crap I have seen before way too many times.Not trying to be intentionally harsh but there is it.
"Well if I knew what I was talking about do you really think I would waste it on an Internet Forum?" SageClaw

Rage 12 years 2 months ago #287190

• eswat
  • Stage A - 1
I'm starting to feel sorry for id now. Here they are with a new IP that actually looks interesting and highly different from Doom and Quake, and they are still getting shit by people from their previous efforts. Damn you internets, have an open mind...EDIT: My comment isn't directed at the replies here.

Rage 12 years 2 months ago #287191

• GH33DA
  • Stage A - 1
Mr Elusive;287190 wrote:
EDIT: My comment isn't directed at the replies here.
Mine is.Where's all the id hate coming from?
Valleys Of NeptuneBuckFarack187;366915 wrote:
I don\'t even know why I still try.

Rage 12 years 2 months ago #287192

• eswat
  • Stage A - 1
GH33DA;287191 wrote:
Mine is.Where's all the id hate coming from?
General banter on the gaming blogs, Kotaku, Joystiq, etc. (funny that PC-oriented sites like Shacknews pretty much have a positive following towards Rage) Yeah, there's always going to be stupid comments on those sites, but it's still a bit disconcerting.Also, this game is for PC, Mac, PS3 and 360.

Rage 12 years 2 months ago #287204

• Ezekiel
  • Stage A - 1
I like the look of this game a lot better than Doom or Quake. and my one thing against them is that Quake 4 blew major fucking chunks of butt, and they ruined the name so hard that I couldn't be more pissed. And the graphics were fucking terrible, so they need to do real good with this game before I quickly give up on them.

Rage 12 years 2 months ago #287212

• SageClaw
  • Stage B - 3
GH33DA;287191 wrote:
Where's all the id hate coming from?
I wouldn't call it id hate on my part. Don't hate them, not particularly fond of them lately but certainly don't hate them. What I do hate is all this "Ohhhh look at us! Look at what we are doing next! It's going to turn the gaming world on it's ass!" and it's the same crap we have seen time and time and time and time again in one form or another in a shiny new wrapper.Look it's an FPS but now with racing!Just shoot me now.EDIT: And you know what, I expect more from id. It's not like they are freaking new to this business. I could understand if they were a fresh new startup that they make crap like this but damn.
"Well if I knew what I was talking about do you really think I would waste it on an Internet Forum?" SageClaw