Forum

TOPIC: How do you beta test?

How do you beta test? 15 years 7 months ago #2600

I've been wondering this for a while. I signed up for the EQ2 one on station but im under 18. But i wanna know how to beta test for PC games. If there is a sign up, or things i have to do. That would be coo, if u helped.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

How do you beta test? 15 years 7 months ago #2609

• EmpyII
  • Level 8
Normally you just need to sign up. I've only been selected for a handfull myself...(and never any Blizzard ones GRRR :x ) Just keep sending in you applications for the betas when they come across. I know they were asking for beta testers for one of the new Pirate MMORPG's coming out.

How do you beta test? 15 years 7 months ago #2611

• Twinsen
  • Level 2
Just luck of the draw. Unless you know somebody.

How do you beta test? 15 years 7 months ago #2646

• arefx
  • Stage A - 1
you sign up and hope ur lucky. I never get any blizzard ones, which blows becuase I enjoy their games more than any others, although I was in the diablo 2 stress test, but that doesnt count. I got to beta test Xbox Live, that was the most fun I have had in a beta.
EvilWall wrote:
One of my best friends always tells me, "If you want a girl to stay with you, you have to eat her ass".
The Matrix;288931 wrote:
fuckin\' brit teeth eating sno-shit, jesus man
This post posted via rooted and overclocked droid x running at 1,345Mhz undervolted with LIBERTY 1.5 and adw.launcher ex through xscope pro

How do you beta test? 15 years 7 months ago #2699

EmpyII wrote:
Normally you just need to sign up. I've only been selected for a handfull myself...(and never any Blizzard ones GRRR :x ) Just keep sending in you applications for the betas when they come across. I know they were asking for beta testers for one of the new Pirate MMORPG's coming out.
if it is not too much trouble can you find out where i sign up for it please? i just wanna beta test something. LOL

How do you beta test? 15 years 7 months ago #2747

• Blackwolf
  • Stage A - 1
Most beta tests require you to be at least 18, because there are legal documents and stuff involved. (Such as Non-Disclosure Agreements.)
"Blackwolf tends to offend the same people all the time, he\'s got such a pattern it\'s almost funny. The whole spammer/think I\'m smart/argueing for arguement\'s sake clan tends to always end up at odds with Blackwolf." -BamBam

How do you beta test? 15 years 7 months ago #2750

Sometimes you just need to sign up on the website ofthe game to get into the public beta tests. I beta test Eve-Online and Planetside that way. Also if you have a PS2, you can sign up for beta testing on there Playstation Underground somewhere. I got a beta test of Resident Evil Outbreak that way. Also Fileplanet sometimes does beta tests for people who have Fileplanet payed memeberships.
"It's like they deep fried delicious goodness and squared it... into a triangle." (BloodShotRobot, PAX08 )
"[Optimus] Prime is like Jack Bauer without all the issues" (Redmond, AGI Episode 211)

How do you beta test? 15 years 7 months ago #2816

• Duality
  • Stage B - 1
The legal age req varies. I was an external tester for Activision when I was 16-17. For liability sake, companies like to use 18, though.Outside of trying to become a tester, the most important thing you have to remember is that you're not selected to play the game for enjoyment. You're supposed to hammer away at it, think of every concievable action that a player can perform at any given moment and work from there to find bugs.Unless you're looking to get into the game industry, its not really something that could be considered enjoyable work. Of the games I beta tested (Zork: Grand Inquisitor, Heavy Gear 2, and Star Trek Bridge Commander), Z:GI is the only game I ever bothered to keep.

How do you beta test? 15 years 7 months ago #2825

• EmpyII
  • Level 8
here's an ok site that gives some ingfo on upcoming games offering betas...I forgot the one I used to have in my favorites but it was pretty similar to this http://www.gamespp.com/betatestinggames/

How do you beta test? 15 years 7 months ago #2850

thanks for all the help.