Forum

TOPIC: WoW

WoW 10 years 11 months ago #355262

haha I'm on an RP sever now and its lame!!!!!!!!!!!
Steam ID - Demoknight[gamercard]SPK8000LG[/gamercard]
The administrator has disabled public write access.

WoW 10 years 9 months ago #358877

Someone needs to resurrect this thread./mouthtomouthwithtongue:smt037
[gamercard]theSneekapeek[/gamercard]

WoW 10 years 9 months ago #358879

• Zidy
  • Stage A - 1
We're all too busy playing it.76 pally atm :3. Gonna have to quit the grind till I don't know when. Didn't have monies to pay this months fee. Having no job sux.

WoW 10 years 9 months ago #358880

• Rook
  • Level 6
I quit.For the most part it was because I've been playing off and on for a couple of years, and I just want to do other things.But on the other hand, I just don't feel like paying Blizzard when SO much of the game is just plain broken. I could expand on this but yeah. There's just so much wrong right now.I'm sure I'll subscribe at a later date, but if I do, I think I'm just going to stick to vanilla content and level alts or something. Vanilla WoW was great.

WoW 10 years 9 months ago #358885

I rolled on Executus, Horde. My name is Leneth.
Steam ID - Demoknight[gamercard]SPK8000LG[/gamercard]

WoW 10 years 9 months ago #358893

You're crazy dude. Wrath > Vanilla wow by a long shot.You don't have to spend 5 hours a week farming fucking raid consumables. Anyone who did 40 man Naxx's Loatheb will tell you it fucking blew.Everything is so much more accessible now. And WoTLK leveling experience is so enjoyable. Remember grinding mobs b/c you ran out of quests in Vanilla wow?
Dunemaul PvP - 108 days /playedElune PvE - 180 days /played288 days of playing WoW since 2005. /wrists

WoW 10 years 9 months ago #358905

• Rook
  • Level 6
SaNkOn-TeSsOu;358893 wrote:
You're crazy dude. Wrath > Vanilla wow by a long shot.You don't have to spend 5 hours a week farming fucking raid consumables. Anyone who did 40 man Naxx's Loatheb will tell you it fucking blew.Everything is so much more accessible now. And WoTLK leveling experience is so enjoyable. Remember grinding mobs b/c you ran out of quests in Vanilla wow?
Dunno, I just like vanilla zones and instances better.But yeah, most of the gameplay is a million times better these days.The games a little easy, but who cares. Just needs to be more end content and pve would be near perfect, and thats in the next patch.BUT! I pretty much pvp these days. Blizzard has always been kinda fruity about pvp, but you can tell they just dont know what the fuck theyre doing anymore, or they just dont even try at all.

WoW 10 years 9 months ago #358953

• Burr
  • Thank you received: 6
SaNkOn-TeSsOu;358893 wrote:
Remember grinding mobs b/c you ran out of quests in Vanilla wow?
That's never happened to me in WoW. Ever. I've always done all my leveling through quests, so I've never understood how people have ever had to grind mobs, except for faction rep.. Maybe it's also because I spent time helping friends and guildies with quests too. Never felt like mere grinding as a result, but I also left plenty of quests left undone as I leveled up, especially in particular zones I didn't like. I just don't see how you can run out of quests unless you aren't looking hard enough.Oh well I haven't played in forever and Wrath hasn't called to me yet. Tried a little WAR but haven't gotten too into it though I found the PvP more fun than WoW's ever was. At least I only spent $10 on that, hah.
Co-host of Cat & Fox on AllGames.com!

WoW 10 years 9 months ago #358954

There is only one thing I can really complain about with Wrath, Wintergrasp and SotA. When I started playing WoW, which was my first MMORPG, my only requirement was, I want to shoot a gun and kill enemy players whenever I wanted. So obviously I rolled a hunter on a PvP server. Once my hunter hit 60 I did the old school honor grind to Centurion and damn near went mad.So from the beginning I was all about PvP, world or battlegrounds. But this excuse for "spicing" up PvP is lame. From what I can tell there is very little PvP, in the strictest sense, and more like Vehicle vs. Vehicle or wall. For someone who PvP'ed 2 characters through the grind and spent 85 percent of my time thereafter in battlegrounds, I couldn't be more disappointed.I'm still playing (80 priest, 78 rogue, 77 hunter, 75 mage) but it looks like I'll have to settle for PvE for a while. Old school 80 bgs aren't really hopping much on my server at the moment.
[gamercard]theSneekapeek[/gamercard]

WoW 10 years 9 months ago #359049

• Rook
  • Level 6
I wasn't a big fan of SotA or Wintergrasp either. Played a dozen or so games back in November, and every game felt like exactly the same as the last. Jump in tank, steamroll gates, lather rinse repeat. All BG games are a bit repetitive, but these maps felt even more so. Didn't help that I pvp on my priest so if I wasn't in control of a turret or a tank I was basically left standing there doing nothing since the majority of my abilities have zero effect.But I hear ya. I love BGs, theyre my favorite part of the game. If they had some kind of free to play Dota/ Battlenet style BG expansion pack I'd play it forever. But all the BGs are suffering some kind of flaw these days, due to developer neglect. I love AB, but there's only so many times I can capture farm on the same old map. And AV, well, don't even get me started on what has happened to AV.I know they've talked about looking at rated battlegrounds and what not, but I just don't have much faith. It's not just about class balance (Hi it's been 4 years, got a game plan yet there guys!?), its fundamental problems like their complete apathy towards AFKers, matches starting 5 vs 15, and game hoppers. These are fatal flaws within the system, and need to be fixed.So I guess Arena is their baby now. But even that is going to hell these days. Season 1 and 2 were fine, but then in following seasons you had things like Warglaive rogues and Druid/ War comps completely dominating. This season is just as bad, which is ironic considering all the dev attention. Its not just power comps. Why the hell do you introduce a new rating requirement after the season starts? I mean, good god. And it seems problems like win trading and queue dodging are still something they haven't been able to deal with fully. Even the most die hard fans of Arena seem to be getting pissed off. Meh.I don't really have any solutions to world pvp, so I cant fault them for that to much. People just want rewards these days. But the old skool TM-SS and BRD battles were THE BEST things that I ever encountered in the game.I just cant wrap my head around it. Really can't. Oh well, hopefully they'll get pvp back on the right track. Enough crying out of me.ps nerf rogues kthnx