Forum

TOPIC: Anyone have thoughts on Rise of Nations:Thrones and Patriots

Anyone have thoughts on Rise of Nations:Thrones and Patriots 15 years 7 months ago #1468

• EmpyII
  • Level 8
I recently got Rise of Nations a few months ago and was pretty suprised. Been a Civ3 fan forever and just looked at RON as a cheap copy...I'm glad I was wrong :) Well I was just wondering if anyone has tried the expansion and what your thoughts on it were. Glad to see we have a PC forum up in here too :wink:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Anyone have thoughts on Rise of Nations:Thrones and Patriots 15 years 7 months ago #1474

• Goldeh
  • Level 4
The RoN expansion doesnt feel like an expansion, it feels like a whole new game. Get it.

Anyone have thoughts on Rise of Nations:Thrones and Patriots 15 years 7 months ago #2911

• Arandar
  • Stage A - 1
I tried downloading the demo but it wouldn't work on my PC. I really wanted to try it though since it looked really cool. I did download the Civilization III demo like last week but I haven't played it yet for some reason. I really should try it out. What I am hoping to do is somehow find a job somewhere soon and then save up some money to get the AoE games. Then if I find enough PC games I like possibly buy a better graphics card so I can play more games like RoN that demand higher stuff.

Anyone have thoughts on Rise of Nations:Thrones and Patriots 15 years 7 months ago #2970

• EmpyII
  • Level 8
you could prolly get a decent graphics card for under $100 now. Mind you it won't be state of the art but is should be more than enough to play pretty much all the RTS games out there nowadays :wink:

Anyone have thoughts on Rise of Nations:Thrones and Patriots 15 years 7 months ago #3001

• Arandar
  • Stage A - 1
Yeah basically when I get money I'm going to look into it. I'm mostly a console gamer since I hate using a keyboard and mouse to control characters. So the only games I would play on my PC are city building games like Caesar 3, RTS games like AoE, and maybe The Sims. Basically point and click games where I only need the mouse and then maybe holding down control on the keyboard and thats it. So I wouldn't imagine that I would need some really high end graphics card, I mean I'm not trying to run Doom 3 or anything near as good as that afterall.