Forum

TOPIC: Nintendo Wii U Experience 2012

Nintendo Wii U Experience 2012 7 years 2 months ago #397254

• True
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 8
So I go to check my e-mail messages and come across a message from Nintendo...
Club Nintendo is very excited to invite you to get a sneak peek of Nintendo's upcoming Wii U™ console! You've been chosen from amongst our most loyal members to get this exclusive hands-on experience with the revolutionary new touch screen controller, full HD graphics, and innovative games you won't want to miss. To make your first Wii U experience even more memorable, we want you to invite your friends and family to join you. Upon completion of the registration process, you’ll be provided with 3 invitations you can share with whomever you like. To register, please visit WiiUExperience.com and enter the code below to reserve your spot.
It says that I was sent this on the 6th but I check my e-mail at least once a day, don't know how I missed this. O'Well I signed up for next Friday and wondering if anyone else in the Chicago area got an invite? Or if they are doing this in other cities as well? Pretty cool that earlier this year I got to play the Vita before it launched and now I'll get to mess around with the Wii U early.
"Leave Luck to Heaven"- Nintendo
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Nintendo Wii U Experience 2012 7 years 2 months ago #397260

• Burr
  • Thank you received: 6
Lucky! Nothing ever comes here. :pAt least I got my free Mario vs. DK from Club Nintendo last night.
Co-host of Cat & Fox on AllGames.com!

Nintendo Wii U Experience 2012 7 years 2 months ago #397263

• True
  • Stage A - 1
Burr;397260 wrote:
Lucky! Nothing ever comes here. :pAt least I got my free Mario vs. DK from Club Nintendo last night.
That's cool.I'm gonna try and video record/photo shoot the event and hopefully not lose the footage this time. Will put it up on here.

Nintendo Wii U Experience 2012 7 years 1 month ago #397300

• True
  • Stage A - 1

Wii-U Experience 7 years 1 month ago #397301

• True
  • Stage A - 1
I have video footage but not much, they were kinda strict on taking photos/video. Mainly video of the console & controller themselves and 3rd party games. They said something like this may not be the final designs for them or something. You used the little Experience ID card to take and upload pics straight from the event to online. The Wii U console is a lot longer than the Wii but maybe thinner (and not as wide?). The Wii-U controller is lighter than I expected but the screen is very nice on it. The games looked great on the big HD tv's they had. They had both black and white Wii-U consoles and I got to try out all the controllers (Wii-U Tab./Wiimote/New Classic Controller which was Awesome!The games:Tried out most of the games they had. Batman Arkham City almost looked like a different game! The controls really make you feel like you are stepping into Batmans boots, Using the Wii-Uc as a kickass Batman gadget. Zombi-U is a first day pickup for me! the game from what I played was really fun with other people playing along. Ninja Gaiden was another beautiful looking game, I never got into the most recent N.G. games but I liked what I played of this one, it didn't seem too hard to play lol. Theirs this new karaoke game "SING" (not final name) that gonna sell like no tomorrow just like Just Dance did. It basically brings the dancing and singing together in one game (nothing new, I know) but having the Wii-Uc and the play-along mechanics make it awesome.Wii Universe (or was that Land?), Pikmin 3, New Super Mario U, Just Dance 4 (?), Wii Sports 3 (?), Game & Wario, Rayman Legends were there also.Most of the Wii-U games used Multiplayer modes which felt like old time when my cousins and I would all play together right in the same room laughing our asses off. Wii-U pulls this off better than the Wii. Sadly I didn't win any of the contest they had.

Nintendo Wii U Experience 2012 7 years 1 month ago #397310

• True
  • Stage A - 1
Low quality test upload....[youtube]SRGK5cNsVH4[/youtube]

Nintendo Wii U Experience 2012 7 years 1 month ago #397312

• Burr
  • Thank you received: 6
Thanks for sharing True! Too bad they were so strict about it. Did you get to play New Super Mario Bros. U or Rayman Legends?
Co-host of Cat & Fox on AllGames.com!

Nintendo Wii U Experience 2012 7 years 1 month ago #397316

• True
  • Stage A - 1
Burr;397312 wrote:
Thanks for sharing True! Too bad they were so strict about it. Did you get to play New Super Mario Bros. U or Rayman Legends?
Well they had two screens for NSMBu and both were pretty crowded so I didn't get to play it myself, I did check out Rayman Legends which the were using with the Wii-U Classic Controller (or whatever they call it) and both were pretty sweet. Rayman already looked good on the PS3 and it shines on the Wii-U, the controller will be a must have cause it's really nice & lite.Finished the video, had more than I thought. Didn't get to show (wasn't allowed) Just Dance 4, Sing U (?), and a lot of the Zumbi U multiplayer (which will be a HIT! The Wii-U Tab-Cont. is used quite well).
[youtube]4q1CSU2OhAo[/youtube]