Forum

TOPIC: Nintendo 3DS games will be console quality - dev

Nintendo 3DS games will be console quality - dev 8 years 11 months ago #391752

• ndsroms
  • Level 1
A DS developer believes third party developers are taking the Nintendo 3DS seriously because it not only offers the opportunity to develop 3D games without the need for glasses but it also gives them an opportunity to bring console-quality games onto a handheld.JC Connors is the studio head at Griptonite Games who are behind DS games such as Mystery Case Files, Age Of Empires: Mythologies and Pirates Of The Caribbean. He had this to say on the new 3DS handheld:-"A lot of the casual games that really bombarded the DS marketplace have now moved onto other platforms like the iPhone, so I think everyone looks at this as an opportunity to kind of bring something special back to the gamers.Advertisement:"Everyone looked at the 3DS with just how powerful it was, and the new features, the analogue stick and the 3D, as an opportunity to bring almost console-level quality games to this handheld because they could," added Connors. "On the DS, you really couldn't."When the 3DS was first announced, some asked if this was just a DS upgrade. Absolutely not says Connors. "You can't treat this machine as just a DS plus," he told Gamasutra. "You almost have to treat it like a console, because many of the things it can do are things that consoles can do. So, you know, why not bring a more 'gamer' experience to that platform, if it can do really well with it?"With games like Metal Gear Solid, Assassin's Creed and Saint's Row being confirmed for 3DS, it's clear that the machine looks set to offer the 'gamer experience' that Connors is talking about.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Nintendo 3DS games will be console quality - dev 8 years 11 months ago #391764

• arefx
  • Stage A - 1
I'm getting excited about the 3DS, I know its never as good as they say but the 3ds still seems pretty impressive
EvilWall wrote:
One of my best friends always tells me, "If you want a girl to stay with you, you have to eat her ass".
The Matrix;288931 wrote:
fuckin\' brit teeth eating sno-shit, jesus man
This post posted via rooted and overclocked droid x running at 1,345Mhz undervolted with LIBERTY 1.5 and adw.launcher ex through xscope pro

Nintendo 3DS games will be console quality - dev 8 years 11 months ago #391775

• True
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 8
Man, I was just amazed by the DS Lite again by picking up GTA Chinatown Wars, this game is HUGE for a DS game, decent graphics also. Now with all that's being said about the 3DS, I'm looking forward to upgrading my handheld gaming. To think, I didn't even believe in hand held gaming before picking up my DS.
"Leave Luck to Heaven"- Nintendo

Nintendo 3DS games will be console quality - dev 8 years 11 months ago #391887

• Decipher
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 1
ndsroms;391752 wrote:
A DS developer believes third party developers are taking the Nintendo 3DS seriously because it not only offers the opportunity to develop 3D games without the need for glasses but it also gives them an opportunity to bring console-quality games onto a handheld.JC Connors is the studio head at Griptonite Games who are behind DS games such as Mystery Case Files, Age Of Empires: Mythologies and Pirates Of The Caribbean. He had this to say on the new 3DS handheld:-"A lot of the casual games that really bombarded the DS marketplace have now moved onto other platforms like the iPhone, so I think everyone looks at this as an opportunity to kind of bring something special back to the gamers.Advertisement:"Everyone looked at the 3DS with just how powerful it was, and the new features, the analogue stick and the 3D, as an opportunity to bring almost console-level quality games to this handheld because they could," added Connors. "On the DS, you really couldn't."When the 3DS was first announced, some asked if this was just a DS upgrade. Absolutely not says Connors. "You can't treat this machine as just a DS plus," he told Gamasutra. "You almost have to treat it like a console, because many of the things it can do are things that consoles can do. So, you know, why not bring a more 'gamer' experience to that platform, if it can do really well with it?"With games like Metal Gear Solid, Assassin's Creed and Saint's Row being confirmed for 3DS, it's clear that the machine looks set to offer the 'gamer experience' that Connors is talking about.
This user is just a bot, reposting shit from other sites.