Forum

TOPIC: Legend of Zelda Wii 2 confirmed

Legend of Zelda Wii 2 confirmed 9 years 6 months ago #385695

• True
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 8
Zelda Sequel Confirmed For 2010Nintendo CEO opens up about upcoming plans.You are now less than 365 days away from a new console Zelda game. Nintendo CEO Satoru Iwata confirmed to Japan's Asahi Shimbun daily today that the Wii Zelda sequel, first revealed at last year's E3, will be released this year.Iwata was pretty open for this particular interview. He also revealed that Nintendo will be announcing Vitality Sensor games in July, with an aim to release product as soon as possible (not very specific, for sure, but better than nothing!)
IGN.comAny takers on when it will be pushed back to 2012? I kid :p Oh yeah, DS 2 mentioned... now I won't be getting a DSi.
"Leave Luck to Heaven"- Nintendo
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Legend of Zelda Wii 2 confirmed 9 years 5 months ago #386358

• ribonzz
  • Level 1
Can't wait looking up for the second zelda! must play this game ! :D

Legend of Zelda Wii 2 confirmed 9 years 5 months ago #386626

• kadosho
  • Level 10
Hmm wasn't aware of a new entry.. curious if they'll take it to a new design after all.Iwata-sama has been hyping the idea of a "new" Zelda direction for years.
[gamercard]kadosho[/gamercard]JKOrochinagi KOF fans uniteBTMusic 2.0

Legend of Zelda Wii 2 confirmed 7 years 7 months ago #396290

• True
  • Stage A - 1
So I'm guessing no one here has Skyward Sword yet? I heard it's pretty long and the Wiimote is at it's best with this game.IGN.com Article: Opinion: Skyward Sword is Motion Control's Future

Legend of Zelda Wii 2 confirmed 7 years 7 months ago #396291

• alexsan
  • Stage A - 1
I've played about 7 hours and I'm almost at the 3rd dungeon. I can't give a full review, since I am not very far into it but it's good. There is a lot of revolutionary stuff going on with the motion controls trapped in a game that feels so last gen. Some of the new mechanics they added make the game feel like it hasn't developed since the early 2000's. The dowsing parts are super annoying, they remind me of the terrible Knuckles levels in the Sonic Adventure games. Using a beeping radar to get a puzzle piece wasn't very fun in 1999 and it still isn't. They added the ability for shields to break and a slot based inventory, but it's obvious they added these features in because modern games let weapons and armor break, but it doesn't make sense in a game like this. The items you can carry is limited by how much space is in your adventure pouch, and it can get very annoying. I had to choose between being able to carry 5 more bombs with the bigger bomb pouch or the bug net so I can catch bugs to upgrade my equipment, and that felt like a really unneeded decision. The combat is really amazing. Every new enemy feels like a new puzzle the player has to solve. It is very satisfying to have control over every swipe and slash and it doesn't fee; gimmicky at all. The items I've used so far really benefit from the motion plus. Bombs can now be rolled and have wii sports bowling like curve added to the roll. Using the beetle is awesome, just flying him around an area as a scout and dropping bombs on enemies feels great. I've never really had an issue with the motion plus, I've only had to recalibrate once in 7 hours and the game only had difficulty figuring out if I was slashing or stabbing once.The dungeons are a lot of fun too. They have some really cool puzzles, including time manipulation and moving the sword around to confuse eyeballs guarding doors. Even getting to the dungeon feels like a mini-dungeon, you're never really safe and you're constantly solving puzzles to make it one step closer to the dungeon. It does a great job mixing up the usual Zelda formula and feels like a real step forward for the series.So far it's a really good Zelda game. It's not as amazing as Ocarina of Time was and still is, but it is very enjoyable. It's good enough to distract me from Skyrim, so that's really saying something.
XBL: Neezie1990PSN: sillycoreSteam: Neezie3DS: 3737-9522-5541

Legend of Zelda Wii 2 confirmed 7 years 7 months ago #396332

• True
  • Stage A - 1
Nice write up there Alexsan. I'm hoping they keep up the improvement of the wiimote use with the Wii U.