Forum

TOPIC: Wii Shop Channel

Wii Shop Channel 9 years 8 months ago #382374

• True
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 8
Now with Wiiware Demos! Well possibly for Japan and maybe with N.A.?Yippie!Source: Ign.com
WiiWare is slowly becoming packed with content, especially in Japan where the service often sees four titles released in a single week. Wouldn't it be great to be able to try out some of those games before handing over your precious WiiPoints? Nintendo CEO Satoru Iwata appears to think so!During the Q&A session at a recent earnings briefing, Iwata told investors that Nintendo would begin a test program for WiiWare demos some time this month. The test will cover just a few titles.According to Iwata, Nintendo is undertaking this test to see if it can get more players shopping on the Wii Shopping Channel. He admitted that the market for WiiWare and DSi Ware is currently small, with the Wii Shopping Channel and DSi Shop browsed only by people who already know the game they want to get.Iwata also said that he doesn't feel demos are necessarily the solution to the problem. He may or may not be right, but we're sure some players would appreciate being able to try out certain WiiWare games in advance.Nintendo hasn't officially announced this WiiWare demo program just yet, so we don't have specifics on titles or a start time frame. It's also unclear if the test will be limited to Japan, or if Nintendo will let the entire world take part.
Soo, Japan only as of right now?? Boo! I'm sure we'll get it though.
"Leave Luck to Heaven"- Nintendo
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Wii Shop Channel 9 years 8 months ago #382383

• JoEDigiTECH
  • Thank you received: 4
I often wonder what the percentage of Wiis that are connected to the internet is. Most of what comes out in Japan for Nintendo comes out for North America eventually.

Wii Shop Channel 9 years 8 months ago #382581

• True
  • Stage A - 1
I always wondered that too JoE. I regularly play my Wii console and I still do the contests (Check Mii Out, Everyone Votes). There still seems to be a good amount of people who still mess around with those. I would have thought that more people would be using the Wii Shop more though, I only use it moderatly, most of the time on Wii Ware unless I have some points left over to pick up a classic game. Last one I got was River City Ransom and my niece loves it, lol.

Wii Shop Channel 9 years 8 months ago #383237

• True
  • Stage A - 1
This week, Wii owners who connect their Wii consoles to the Internet can enjoy demos of five exceptional games for the WiiWare downloadable game service for zero Wii Points: BIT.TRIP BEAT, FINAL FANTASY CRYSTAL CHRONICLES: My Life as a Darklord, NyxQuest: Kindred Spirits, World of Goo and a brand new entry in the Pokemon game series, Pokemon Rumble. To get a taste of any or all of these tremendous titles before downloading the full versions, go to the WiiWare section of the Wii Shop Channel and search for "Demo." For more information, please visit www.nintendo.com/wii/wiiware/demo.
Yay! Finally Wii Demos (Wiiware).Edit: So after trying out three of the four demos, I'm actually interested in Nyx Quest and Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicals: MLASDL. Didn't like Bit Trip Beat, bad controls to me or I just didn't understand how to control the game, haven't played Pokemon Rumble yet but I may like it.Nyx Quest and FFC:MLASDL both look/play really well for a Wiiware game, was really impressed with the demos for them. Hope Nintendo does this regularly for demos and possibly have demos for hard copy games in the future.

Coming to Wiiware 8 years 10 months ago #392426

• True
  • Stage A - 1

Wii Shop Channel 8 years 7 months ago #393428

• True
  • Stage A - 1
If you hadn't noticed yet (or gotten the Blue Light), the WiiShop Channel has about 4 or 5 new free demos available now.

Wii Shop Channel 8 years 7 months ago #393441

• True
  • Stage A - 1
Nintendo added another free demo to download on yesterday, not sure if it's a game or a tech demo though (from the description of it) as I haven't tried it out yet. The other demo games are pretty fun though, one seems like It's using the Mario Galaxy Engine (and gameplay) is fun and good looking. I'll probably get the full version when I get more Nintendo points.