Forum

TOPIC: Nintendo is DOOMED

Nintendo is DOOMED 10 years 6 months ago #358888

• Lord Moon
  • Stage A - 1
OK not really, but things aren't as rosy as they were.Sounds like the money printing machines may have hit a bump, called the global economy.Nintendo Sales Up, Profits Down, Financial Forecast RevisedHas "Something Big Gone Wrong" At Nintendo?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Nintendo is DOOMED 10 years 6 months ago #359099

• GameGuru
  • Level 3
All it says is to decrease Japan shipments and increase US/Europe ones. However, Nintendo has to also fight against the poor Yen, just like Sony. In essence, MS has a bit of an advantage being tied to US Currency.
[gamercard]GameGuruNT[/gamercard]

Nintendo is DOOMED 10 years 4 months ago #364993

• Lord Moon
  • Stage A - 1
ohes noesNintendo President: "Wii In Unhealthy Condition"Somehow I think they might weather this. Either that or maybe everyone in Japan that wants one has gotten one.

Nintendo is DOOMED 10 years 4 months ago #364996

• JoEDigiTECH
  • Thank you received: 4
New Colors coming soon!

Nintendo is DOOMED 10 years 4 months ago #364997

• Davidb69
  • Level 10
If they had dvd playing support then maybe they could convince people to buy a wii for every room in the house.
Wii - 2303 0628 4559 9276

Nintendo is DOOMED 10 years 4 months ago #364998

• JoEDigiTECH
  • Thank you received: 4
Davidb69;364997 wrote:
If they had dvd playing support then maybe they could convince people to buy a wii for every room in the house.
I still don't understand why they didn't do that at the outset. Especially considering that the WiiMote would be a perfect DVD player remote.I still don't think Nintendo expected for the Wii to do so well in the first place.

Nintendo is DOOMED 10 years 4 months ago #365041

• Flavius
  • Stage A - 1
Truthfully, aren't they likely nearing saturation of the Japanese market, at least at this price-point and with the current game offerings?Most of you guys are more up on this stuff than I am, but don't they have a Monster Hunter title coming to the Wii soon, and won't it likely sell its fair share of units and consoles? If the Wii were really so unhealthy, I'm sure they'd be doing more than saying "welp, it sucks, but we're not going to do anything to make us more competitive in the marketplace." It almost sounds like a pitiful, whiny "you guys should be supporting the Wii better...bad consumers!" approach that isn't unheard of from Iwata and Nintendo (despite how much I like them both).